View Full Version : SPeed

jutae
03-19-2003, 07:58 AM
I'm using an Ipaq 3955 in a bluetooth sleeve paired with a T Mobile SonyEricsson t68i to surf the web. According to gprs monitor, my spped is 11Kbits/sec -15 Kbits/sec, is this normal or should it be faster? I use my regular Bellsouth DialUp Number.

Jutae 0X

hollis_f
03-19-2003, 08:20 AM
I'm using an Ipaq 3955 in a bluetooth sleeve paired with a T Mobile SonyEricsson t68i to surf the web. According to gprs monitor, my spped is 11Kbits/sec -15 Kbits/sec, is this normal or should it be faster? I use my regular Bellsouth DialUp Number.

Jutae 0XSounds about right. If you want more speed you'll have to move to GPRS (although I dunno if Bellsouth provide it).

jutae
03-19-2003, 08:42 AM
I have a Bellsouth Dialup Home account but I use T Mobile and Sprint for cellular. Do either one of them offer an unlimited GPRS plan?

Janak Parekh
03-19-2003, 05:02 PM
I have a Bellsouth Dialup Home account but I use T Mobile and Sprint for cellular. Do either one of them offer an unlimited GPRS plan?
No. Well, not exactly. Sprint has an unlimited 1xRTT plan only for cell phones, although unofficially people have gotten one Sprint phone (the LG 5350? Not sure) to work with PDAs.

T-Mobile doesn't have an unlimited plan at all for their GPRS service.

--janak