View Full Version : Ipaq 3970 screen too dark?

KuroNeko
02-20-2003, 09:35 PM
In my decision to either go for a Dell or an Ipaq 3970, I found a review in German PC mag C't (a renowned European magazine).

It says the screen of the Ipaq has thick black lines surrounding each pixel. With backlight it looks superb, but without backlight, these black lines seem to absorb a lot of light and working without backlight isn't very comfortable.

Also, the screen would be too shiny, making use outside in the sun not advisable. I.e. this is an indoor PDA :)

This review is from 6/2002, so maybe Compaq now uses another type of screen, not sure if they updated it in the mean time.

But would like to hear comments on this from real users!

Neko

WyattEarp
02-20-2003, 10:37 PM
I don't know were they got there information but it sounds extremely biased. There are no thick black lines surrounding each pixel. Pictures are just fine. If you use dark pictures they will show up dark. If you use bad pictures or try to enlarge one to much you will see every pixel (dot) of the picture not the screen.

I use mine indoors and out and never had a viewing problem. I suggest you go look at it yourself and make your own call on it. Magazines and some of these sites sometimes tend to give biased information instead of a truthful review because they get paid to. So don't put all your trust in them. :wink:

vincentsiaw
02-20-2003, 11:54 PM
i agree with WyattEarp 100 % :!: