View Full Version : SD Card I/O Errors After Powering Up

Deslock
01-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Is it normal to get an I/O card error if I try to access the card when the PPC first starts up? It seems I need to wait a few seconds after powering-on before I can access the card; otherwise I get an I/O error (for example, in PQView, if I view an image, power down, power back up, and try to move to the next image it gives me an error if I don’t wait a few seconds first).

The Big Jay
01-13-2003, 01:47 AM
Is it normal to get an I/O card error if I try to access the card when the PPC first starts up? It seems I need to wait a few seconds after powering-on before I can access the card; otherwise I get an I/O error (for example, in PQView, if I view an image, power down, power back up, and try to move to the next image it gives me an error if I don’t wait a few seconds first).

Maybe it's your card. Sandisk has had a whole kludge of problems with its SD memory. :(

Steven Cedrone
01-13-2003, 01:54 AM

As far as I know, you do need to wait a few seconds for the drivers to load for the card...

Steve

Pony99CA
01-13-2003, 04:09 AM
As far as I know, you do need to wait a few seconds for the drivers to load for the card...

That may well be true, but I'd hope they would only load drivers after a soft reset.

Of course, it's also possible that the drivers are unloaded when you power down as protection in case you removed the card. That would avoid having drivers take up memory.

Steve