View Full Version : Would you buy Toshiba again?

Jason Dunn
12-20-2002, 02:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=51364' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...pic.php?p=51364</a><br /><br /></div>Based on the <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=51364">discussion we're having here</a>, people are getting pretty upset (rightly so) that Toshiba has apparently abandoned e310 users when it comes to software updates. And although no one has mentioned this yet, I can't help but think that if they won't give us EUU3, they're probably not going to offer the next-generation Pocket PC OS either. With this in mind, vote in the poll.

Ed Hansberry
12-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Don't forget the e570. That has been discontinued only a few months and IIRC, they didn't get EUU2!

peterawest
12-20-2002, 03:21 PM
As a result of this, and the problems my friends have been having with their e310's blowing up because of incompatibility with a 128MB expansion card, I've been suggesting to others who are looking that they start with either a new Dell, or the new low end iPAQ.

The Big Jay
12-20-2002, 03:24 PM
It's so bad that "This poll is lame" is outracing "Toshiba is good."

That's scary!

Jimmy Dodd
12-20-2002, 03:29 PM
I voted "no" but I've not actually seen your haircut...

deaj
12-20-2002, 04:02 PM
hi,

why people complaint ? euu3 works perfectly on both audiovox maestro and toshiba e570 and it will work on e310. just use like i did the compaq euu3, it will work fine.

As for the new os, wait and see because i'm not sure that upgrade will be available for all pockets pc before anyway ?

so i think people are overeacting on this one.

Delta737
12-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Overreacting!?!? The EUU3 for the Toshiba e740 fixes specific "toshiba problems" (like the "Main battery low" at 50%). The HP/Compaq one, doesn't do that! Besides, even if a product is being discontinued they should keep providing service for it. Like HP/Compaq does (with the 36xx for example)

Jason Lee
12-20-2002, 04:55 PM
I voted yes and crossed my finger as i clicked submit. I have had nothing but good luck with toshiba products. I guess i will wait and see if they stiff me on my e740. :(

Oh and EUU3 does not fix the 50% battery error. I still get it randomly. But so far i have fixed it 2 time by opening the battery meter, waiting 5 seconds, powering the device off and back on and then waiting until the battery meter updates to correct reading. I have only done this twice but it worked both times... so maybe. :?

shk718
12-20-2002, 05:59 PM
What about clear type - they never fixed that either. These products need to be treated like any other consumer product (electric razor which requires blades - printers which require ink ) if you don't supply replacement parts then you sounldn't sell the product. I for one would be very reluctant to buy another Toshiba product. We have too many other options out there - all it takes is one bad experience.

Cameroon
12-20-2002, 06:40 PM
I've never owned a Toshiba...but that bit about your haircut cracked me up. Thanks.

bdegroodt
12-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Let's not pile onto Toshiba either. Sony invented this game and is just as guilty.

I just parted way with a 6 month old MicroMV camera that we bought for $1500 and was only able to get back $600 for it in the end. The MicroMV data format was highly incapable of working with any real software (In fact, it didn't even work with Sony's own boxed junk and getting support was near impossible.). They are pushing a proprietary format and have already moved on to support the next generation of that camera less than a year later.

Same with their new super memory sticks (Not compatible with some of their older memory stick devices.).

Very frustrating to see a company do this to their buyers. Speaks volumes about what they think of their buyers and who rules the market.

medic119
12-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Has everyone forgotten about us poor e550 owners?
We've been abandoned by both Audiovox AND Toshiba, and the e550 is still being made and has new models in Japan!

The Japanese EUU3 for the e550 has been out for over a month and we still have nothing but a slim few accessories!

Paul P
12-20-2002, 09:00 PM
I think this a good example of a company rushing to enter a new market and steal share at all costs, including that of not being able support their own products. The end result is a company swallowing more than it can chew.