View Full Version : VGA Presentations from T-Mobile XDA

orinoco
08-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Hi folks:

I recently got my T-Mobile XDA, and I have found it to be an excellent replacement for my previous setup (ipaq plus phone). However, the one thing I miss the most is the ability to make and project presentations out of my ipaq (plus sleeve and Voyager card).

Is there any hardware out there (or in the works) that would allow to do this with the XDA ? It would seem do-able since the XDA has an SD slot and a sync connector as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!

Fernando

JonnoB
08-17-2002, 04:07 PM
The SD slot on the XDA is not an SDIO slot which is what would be required to use it for those kinds of purposes. Although I am sure it will come eventually, I am not aware of any SD-based video output card anyway.

Janak Parekh
08-17-2002, 08:03 PM
Margi has one (at least, they announced it): http://www.margi.com/pdfs/sd_palm_specsheet.pdf

However, as Jonno pointed out, you currently won't be able to get this to work with the PPC PE. Rumors abound about the PPC PE's ability to support SDIO via a software update, but there is nothing confirmed at this point.

--bdj

orinoco
08-20-2002, 06:52 PM
Hi folks:

I received information from the marketing director for iGo.com, the makers of the Portsmith Pitch-for-Palm which is an attachment to Palm PDAs to develop and project presentations out of your PDA. iGo recently acquired Portsmith and Mobility Electronics, the original developers of the Pitch product.

Well, there will be a new version of Pitch coming out in September which is compatible with any Palm OS or Pocket PC that has a USB synching cable option. The connection to the device is through the sync connector, and no expansion card is needed.

If interested, keep you eye on igo.com next month, or contact Neil Betterton at [email protected] for more information.

Fernando