View Full Version : Faxing on Xda

keithr
08-13-2002, 10:20 AM
Is it possible to fax from my XDA? The only program Google turned up is KSE TrueFax 2.01 and it isn't for the Xda. Has anyone found software that will work with it?

Jason Dunn
08-13-2002, 03:58 PM
I haven't looked myself, but another Mobile Devices MVP was saying that there are no faxing programs out there that currently work with the Phone Edition devices. :cry:

andyclap
10-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Actually HTC (the manufacturer) stupidly left out the AT commands for faxing from their device drivers, so short of writing a new device driver (Impossibly hard), you'll never see faxing on this device. :(

sullivanpt
10-19-2002, 12:34 AM
Hmm, last time I posted a rumor I found out I was incorrect and felt stupid. :oops: But this time this is a reliable source, the O2 XDA site.

Yes, FAX will be supported (someday).

http://www.myxda.com/web/template/FAQ.vm

1 . Can we connect to a fax?
We are working on a firmware upgrade to the xda to enable it to support fax software.

andyclap
10-20-2002, 12:53 AM
That's good news indeed, but when we'll see the new driver is anybody's guess.

griph
01-23-2003, 08:27 PM
That's good news indeed, but when we'll see the new driver is anybody's guess.

Quite! A quick burst of ' Why are we waiting' anyone? ;-)

griph
01-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Hmm, last time I posted a rumor I found out I was incorrect and felt stupid. :oops: But this time this is a reliable source, the O2 XDA site.

Yes, FAX will be supported (someday).

http://www.myxda.com/web/template/FAQ.vm

1 . Can we connect to a fax?
We are working on a firmware upgrade to the xda to enable it to support fax software.

Wha Heyy! Bring it on! :D

sullivanpt
01-23-2003, 08:33 PM
Clearly, the last ROM update didn't do it for FAXing grr!! It's interesting that myxda has updated the answer to the question though:

Can I send and receive faxes to my O2 xda?
Installing additional fax enabling software under PocketPC operating system is required. As well as fax call support within the xda. This is in development now. Registered users at myxda.com will be informed when ready. Users will need to buy the additional fax software that is customised for the xda.

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 04:09 AM
Is it possible to fax from my XDA? The only program Google turned up is KSE TrueFax 2.01 and it isn't for the Xda. Has anyone found software that will work with it?

If you want to Fax, etc. there are actually several programs and services out there that will allow you to do this. Granted, I know that you want to be able to do it for "free" from your device and I think everyone would enjoy that option; however, if it's a *must* that you be able to fax from your device there are ways of doing this. Just research Handango and you'll find many solutions to your problem. TrueFax I have not found to be successful.

Eciton
02-02-2003, 01:31 PM
TrueFax will be updated to work with the XDA shortly, as I have just been informed by the developer. Hurrah!

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 04:22 PM
TrueFax will be updated to work with the XDA shortly, as I have just been informed by the developer. Hurrah!

Really? When? Expected time of release? Dates? "Shortly" to me means "10-15 minutes." :lol:

Eciton
02-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Heh, I doubt it'll be quite that immediate, but 'soon' was the word used - no date as yet, and I imagine this is still unofficial, so don't start shooting them demanding emails :)

Monty Gibson
02-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Heh, I doubt it'll be quite that immediate, but 'soon' was the word used - no date as yet, and I imagine this is still unofficial, so don't start shooting them demanding emails :)

So, terms like "NOW NOW NOW!, and GIMME GIMME GIMME!" wont work, eh? Oh well :lol:. Thanks for the update! All I can say is "It's about time."

mty
02-05-2003, 12:54 AM
I'm not convinced--KSE used to have information about the xda fax app on their web site with a December, then January release date. Now all information is gone. Do we know they still believe they can do this?