View Full Version : Sonos Now Available in Canada

Jason Dunn
07-17-2007, 05:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.sonos.com/demos/house_demo/en_rhap/' target='_blank'>http://www.sonos.com/demos/house_demo/en_rhap/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Sonos, Inc., the leading developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home, today announced a partnership that will bring the award-winning Sonos Digital Music System to music lovers throughout Canada. Sonos has appointed Lenbrook Canada to distribute, market, and support Sonos products, including the new Sonos Bundle 130 (BU130), throughout Canada. The BU130, which retails for $1299, is the most convenient and cost effective way for new Sonos customers to get started playing digital music in two rooms of their house with wireless control from the palm of their hand. Now, in one package, a new customer will find a ZonePlayer 80 (ZP80) which can be connected to an existing stereo or home theater receiver to instantly make it part of a digital music system; a ZonePlayer 100 (ZP100) which can be connected to speakers and placed in any room; and a Sonos Controller (CR100) providing wireless multi-room control of all your music from any room in the house."</i><br /><br />If you're a fellow Canuck and you've been aching to get your hands on the Sonos system but also have real warranty and sales support, it seems your wish has been granted: Sonos is coming to the Canadian market. I keep meaning to review this thing, but the cost always puts me of - if I really like it I might want to buy it, and $1299 is a lot of money. Any Sonos owners out there? Is it as good as I've been reading?

gdoerr56
07-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Sonos is one of the only music systems I've used that does EXACTLY what it says it does. While the cost is not insignificant, the coolness factor is off the charts. The multi-zone support is flawless and I highly recommend it.

I have four zones with one controller, two ZP80s feeding receivers in the Family Room and Basement and two ZP100s feeding speakers in the kitchen and deck.

My only gripe is that the players require either WMP11, Rhapsody or iTunes. It does not work with Windows Media Connect or Windows Home Server which is a bummer.

exdirtfarmer
07-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I am a fellow Canuck who has owned SONOS for over 2 years. Initially purchased some from National Audio Video in Edmonton. Have since purchased some at Future shop in Winnipeg, MB when they were carrying the product and since added some more zones for NAV again. Best Buy will be carrying bundles also.

The product is excellent at what it does. WAF is extremely high. I hardwired all my zones and the system has been solid. I am up to 7 zones with 2 contollers. Recently one of the off warranty Zone Players has been suffering from hard lockups and it will be going back to Sonos for $150 Repair/Exchange.

The system only needs access to compatible music files on SMB network shares to function. Check their user forums for NAS compatibility and recommendation. Initial setup is easily done on a PC using the Sonos Desktop software.

Currently there are some compatibilty issues with the Windows Home Server RC1, but I am confident they will find a solution for this in the months to come.

Yes the cost is high, but IMHO there is nothing out there that compares. They'll have to pry this thing out of my cold grey hands.