View Full Version : Online Printing Service

Outlaw94
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Okay, here's the deal.

I have stitched together a panaramic of the Dover NASCAR race and I'm looking to print it. It is 11 3/4 x 36 inches. The problem I'm having is that no one will print it for a decent price here in Ohio. Cord Camera wants $75.00 for one print. Sam's Club offers online printing at 24 x 36 inches which means I can stack two on top of each otehr which is okay with me but you are limited to a 6 MB upload. My file is 13 MB.

I have found that Winflash.com offer 24 x 36 inch prints at around $20 plus shipping which is reasonable but I can't get the picture to upload there. Not sure what my problem is. Does anyone know what my problem may be?

I stubbled on a site called ePingo.com which will print any size I ask and for around the same price as winkflash.com.

Has anyone used them before? If so, how are their prints?

Are their any other sites out their where I can have this done that you would recommend?
All of my work has been done in Adobe Photoshop. I have the photoshop file and a jpeg.

Jason Dunn
08-30-2006, 04:42 AM
What exactly is the error you're getting at Winkflash? Are you using IE or Firefox? Have you tried contacting their tech support?

Outlaw94
08-30-2006, 01:39 PM
I figured out my problem. I was working in photoshop with my picture in CMYB or something like that. When I looked at the FAQ section of winkflash it said pictures had to be in RBG format. When I changed to this format in Photoshop it still wouldn't load. Telling me that the jpeg wasn't a supported format. I then figured out that when I saved the picture as a jpeg I needed to uncheck a box that said sRBG. When I did that it loaded up fine.

Bear in mind I am new to photoshop.

So is winkflash any good?

Jason Dunn
08-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Good to hear you got it worked out. An interesting discussion about sRGB:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/srgb-versus-adobe-rgb-1998

I haven't used Winkflash, but given your unique photo requirements, I'd say you don't have much choice. ;-)

SteveLangham
10-02-2006, 06:06 PM
ePingo.com can accept files as large as 204meg and upload using an advanced FTP utility for Windows users. The cost of the 12x36 panaorama is $18. ePingo prints the image on high quality media with pigmented uv inks. The estimated cost of shipping is $7.5 by USPS Priority mail and your order will take 5-7 business days. You can send Photoshop PSD, Tiff Jp[eg or PDF in RGB or CMYK. Hope this info helps.

taosbird@aol
02-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes, unfortunately I have used e-pingo.com and it was a devastating experience. Be very careful before you use this company and expect to be abused if they mess up on your order. To be fair, I will say that their prints are beautiful and come out just as expected but their specialty services do not meet hanging standards. Even after sending some items back twice, I have $750 worth of unusable canvas prints and only received a portion of that amount refunded. Also there were long delays in getting my orders filled. I do have photos and e-mails to provide as proof. This ordeal wasted more than two months of my life and completely ruined an entire show. There was no concern for deadlines or for trying to provide me with quality product in adequate time, even though they had messed up. Do not hesitate to contact me for more information.:eek: