View Full Version : Zune docking to Xbox360?

SuperFreak
08-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Makes me wonder if they should modify the Xbox360 a bit, and makes that you could dock the Zune right in the front of the the xbox360. Or maybe just an adaptor that can do such a thing (not just connecting through usb kinda thing)...

Yay! Can't wait for this thing come out. I'm talking like a real geek, since I already own two iPods... *sigh.

Darius Wey
08-25-2006, 12:43 AM
What about network connectivity? If the Zune sports Wi-Fi, you could be creating ad-hoc connections with Xbox 360s, or connect to a bunch of them as part of a bigger network.

Just a thought. ;)

SuperFreak
08-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Well, I'm thinking more of the Zune being "part" of the xbox360. Meaning like, if you look at the front you would see the Zune in the front blending with the 360. How do I explain this without mentioning the word iPod. lol.

Anyway, think about those JBL's dock or any iPod docks. You dock your iPod, and it makes look like it's part of the system. Something like that. :D

Of course Wi-Fi is yummmy!!!

Darius Wey
08-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Not a bad thought. Well, if Microsoft doesn't pull off something like that, you can bet your dollars that some accessory makers will. :)

ctmagnus
08-27-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm thinking some sort of dock or cradle will be needed for this situation. My experience of Wi-Fi equipped devices is that the Wi-Fi doesn't like to stay on when the device enters any kind of low-power state, so an AC connection will most likely be required to keep the data connection alive.

And I must add,

:eek:

(that one looks to be kinda addictive, like the alfdance smilely on PPCT. ;) )

Jason Dunn
08-29-2006, 06:05 AM
It's certainly possible, given that the Zune would connect to the Xbox 360 over USB - so I'd say that any Zune cradle would work. It seems like the Zune will not ship with one, but I'm sure it will be an accessory.

SuperFreak
08-29-2006, 09:44 PM
One idea would be a controller docker. I suppose it depends on how the final size of the device would be.

Hmm, I think it'll be interesting to see that. A controller where you dock your Zune. Once docked, it will give you the ability to view score, play music, etc... :eek:

Yay, just make sure you don't throw your controller out the window when you get all frustrated on a game. Or make sure to undock the Zune, before tossing it out. :D