View Full Version : Custom EQ settings

rzanology
11-16-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm ditching my ppc in favor of my zune, but there is one thing thats stopping me from really enjoying this thing like i should. thats custom eq settings. the presets suck. I KNOW this thing can sound better. is there any way to make my own eq settings? or atlease edit the few that are there? :(

LPD
11-16-2006, 01:20 AM
I noticed in today's Engadget article entitled "Zune Reviewed" that they mention that the equalization setting is not always set the way you expected. See the article maybe that could help. [Warning: its a Zune bashing article, but has some valid points. I told the tech support guy at Zune about the article and he is going to pass it on to development.]

I agree it would seem that adjustable EQ would be nice. Perhaps they thought it would complicate the interface but I disagree (if its handled right). Instead of just "Acoustic", "Classical", ... they should add "MyAcoustic", "MyClassical",... and the "My*" allow you to set them. I like the menu approach which would allow them to remember how you hand each song set (hopefully, in the future).

BTW: If the EQ is not cutting it for you try a high end pair of cans, the isolating type. It could be that your buds ain't cutting it.

rzanology
11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I really hope they push this feature. I read some where itunes lets users transfer over their custom EQ settings. dont know how true that is though. I'm not using the buds im using a pair of sennheisser headphones....their really good!

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=005207

i just hope microsoft can do something about this. other than this the device is perfect!