View Full Version : Lost Right-Click Edit Option after ACDSEE 6.0.3 Update

Jason Dunn
03-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Prior to installing the ACDSEE Powerpack 6.0.3 update, when I right-clicked on GIF/JPEG/PNG images I'd have an option that said "Edit in FotoCanvas" - I quite like the program because it starts up in about two seconds, instead of the 10+ seconds it takes for PhotoImpact to start up.

Unfortunately, since installing the update, I've lost the right-click option. There's no option in FotoCanvas that allows me to put it back in. Did anyone else notice this? Any suggestions?

Janak Parekh
04-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Hmm. I have just an "Edit" option, but it does pull up FotoCanvas.

There are quirks with 6.0.3, though. :( One issue is that the video plugin seems to disappear, so that thumbnails aren't generated for AVIs/MPGs. :| I confirmed that one on the ACD Systems forums...

--janak

Jason Dunn
04-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Yeah, see, my EDIT on a GIF pulls up the Windows Image Viewer and EDIT on a JPEG pulls up PhotoImpact. Yet double-clicking on both opens them in the correct application (ACDSEE). The File Associations interface doesn't seem to allow me to assign an EDIT function - it only controls the open function.

..........aha.............

Fixed it! Jeese, that was SO not intuitive - I should do a step by step on that. So much to do! :?