View Full Version : Good DVD burning software for an external burner?

Mr. MacinTiger
02-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Just wondering what's out there since iDVD cannot burn to external burners...Currently I am using CaptyDVD 1.x (still waiting for a US release of 2.0!) which is about as easy to use as iDVD but the results don't look quite as good. Also I am trying to get the hang of DVD Studio Pro 2.0 but it is a little more complicated even in "easy" mode.
Toast 6.0 is not bad but does not have that many features or choices...I use it to burn VCD's or I use iVCD to burn VCDs as well.

Suhit Gupta
02-04-2004, 04:46 AM
Hmm, did you not like Toast? My sister just bought Toast 6 Platinum and is very happy with it. I saw it running and it looks quite good, most of the features like in Roxio's Easy CD Creator.

So I heard of this software called Dragon Burn (http://www.ntius.com/default.asp?p=dragonburn/dburn3_main) by Newtech Infosystems that was released last Fall. I remember reading one very brief but positive review at the time but did not pay much attention. You may want to check it out, it has a decent feature set. Best of all - free trial. Let us know what you think if you do try it.

Suhit

Mr. MacinTiger
02-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Toast is pretty good for a quick and easy job...However, I have been looking for something with a few good polished templates, which Toast lacks.

I had not heard of Dragon-burn before...It looks very smooth! I will have to give it a whirl! Thanks for the lead :D

Suhit Gupta
02-06-2004, 02:02 AM
I had not heard of Dragon-burn before...It looks very smooth! I will have to give it a whirl! Thanks for the lead :D
No problem. Let us know how it works out because I am sure there are others out there looking for good burning software too... perhaps even a review if you are up to it and/or like the software :).

Suhit

entropy1980
04-26-2004, 06:50 AM
using this little file (http://forum.firmware-flash.com/viewtopic.php?t=23370) will allow you to burn with iDvd to an extrenal burner...otherwise DVD Studio Pro is hands down the best DVD authoring program Mac or PC. The learning curve is a bit steep but once you get the hang of it the power is insane!

Anthony Caruana
08-23-2004, 01:31 AM
The other really nice thing about hpfurz is that the img file it creates contains the content of a standard DVD. Just open the disk image, copy it to a PC or MAc with even the simplest authoring software (I used the Nero software that shipped with the DVD drive on my PC) and then burn away.