View Full Version : I love Picasa

Godsongz
02-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Been playing with this software for a while now and I really like it a lot. I used Adobe's Photoshop Album 2.0 for a little while, and Picasa (while perhaps not quite as powerful) is a lot more fun to use! Anyone have any insider knowledge about when version 2.0 of Picasa might arrive?

Jason Dunn
02-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Agreed, Picasa is awesome! There are certainly more powerful tools out there, but Picasa is so amazingly simple to use that I can recommend it to my family members and know I'm not going to get tech support calls every day. In fact, we have a review of Picasa coming up soon! In terms of 2.0, I have no insider information, but I too am greatly looking forward to it.

Honda_Civic_Si
02-02-2004, 03:50 AM
I like the Adobe Album, I got it for free when I bought my digital camera at FutureShop not too long ago.

I'll have to check Picasa out, simple is always the easiest and better way to go.

-Justin.

JR
02-02-2004, 04:31 AM
I'll chime in with my thumbs up for Picasa as well. I've been having fun playing with it for the past two weeks. My trial should have been up tomorrow actually, but I purchased it after a few days of use.
:way to go:

Gary Sheynkman
02-02-2004, 04:56 AM
since i got the opportunity to use this app extensively over a short period of time :wink: .... i can say with confidence that its a great app for users who seek an easy-to-use organizer for their pics.

Suhit Gupta
02-02-2004, 05:12 AM
I hadn't used Picasa before but it looks very snazzy. Nice UI, and fairly speedy, though one key feature missing (from my perspective) is the lack of adding tags per picture or group of pictures. I like to add tags to each picture so I can cross reference them when creating albums, or when running dynamic searches.

Suhit

Mr. MacinTiger
02-04-2004, 03:50 AM
I have used it on a friends Win system and was surprised by how elegant and powerful it is. It's the closest thing you can get to iPhoto for Windows at this point, I swear.

Good software! :D

dblml320
03-03-2004, 08:53 AM
I have to say, I use Picasa also, and I love it. Much better organization and UI than Photoshop Album. I am looking forward to release 2!

Tim Williamson
03-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah I just installed it after following the ad for their photo sharing software and it seems pretty cool. I'll have to check it out at home when I have more time to play around with it.

Also, is there a way to zoom pictures?

And is there a way to get Picasa to physically organize the files and folders so they're arranged the same way as within Picasa?

Is there an Adobe Photo Deluxe demo anywhere?

Tim Williamson
03-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Well, I'm finding answers to most of my own questions...the internet is so cool! ;)

Regarding the zoom feature, they don't have this feature yet.
http://www.lifescapeinc.com/support/category.php?cid=1&capid=322&caId=2394&id=9206e8b377127c905b9f6754f4e8ad30&v=dp&adrunid=#123

Doh, saving edits requires you to export the picture file...