View Full Version : Unknown Internet Usage

SCPH
04-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I have a Cingular 2125. I use my phone's IE occasionally to hook up to Google to look up phone numbers instead of using the exorbitant 411 fee. Anyway, my latest bill shows about 4 megabytes of overage, I had the 1 mb of data plan. The overage is throughout the day, sometimes 2:00am, sometimes 5:30am, sometimes 3:00pm, all times.

I really, really use the internet connection *only* when I am stuck somewhere and need a little information. I work for an internet service, service provider (ie we provide networking to networking providers you have heard of) and have access to all kinds of bandwidth at work and at home. I really don't need to use my phone for browsing at my desk, and I don't need to do it at 2:00am either.

Yes, this looks a lot like

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12511&highlight=internet+usage

My online Cingular bill shows all of this outgoing data, but not where it's going. I'm looking in my phone Registry now for any crazy app that might be making an internet connection, and I have manually set my GPRS connectivity to "Work" so the phone can't get to the internet without my manually setting it back to "Internet".

I am about to call Cingular and bitch that they must be messing something up.

Is there an app out there that will log my TCP/IP activity?

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
04-25-2007, 01:22 AM
There are a couple - but most haven't been updated in a while. I haven't used one in a long time. Check out Spb, they have one and it worked for me when I was using it. I can't think of the others at the moment.

promano
05-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Use the Task Manager to make sure your Browser is not running
when you are not using it.