View Full Version : Cingular Contract up...What to do?

hotdram
04-17-2007, 06:51 PM
My contract with Cingular is up next month. I can't decide to stay with them or switch to Sprint. Either way, I will wait until the WM6 phones hit the street.
I love my ancient SMT-5600 and will only go with a new Smartphone. I could stay with Cingular and get a Blackjack, but that is only WM5 and I know WM6 is on the horizon (I believe they will offer a ROM update to WM6 to the Blackjack, is that correct?).The problem I have with Cingular, is their family voice plan plus the data plan is a bit more $ then something comparable from Sprint (I can get a corporate discount on either).
Sprint only has the MotoQ (WM5), right now. However, they offer competitve data plans that seem to include more than Cingular. Plus their Night/Weekend Time starts at 7:00pm (important to us, as we live in the CST, but call family in the EST).
My big question is: What is coming and when, in terms of WM6 devices and who is getting them?

Thanks,
~Rob

Mike Temporale
04-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Tough to say, as many have not been officially announced by carriers.

The talk is that the BlackJack will see a WinMo6 update by June. Dash should be getting it sometime soon as well. As for other devices, there is the Vox, Moto Q Q9/h9, HTC Cavalier. I'm sure I'm missing some, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. They should be hitting the streets soon I would think,