View Full Version : over the air synchro for the cingular 8125?

asiweb
08-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Hello,

I've been able to connect my cingular 8125 to my pop3 email. however i need to configure it for over the air synchronization (windows mobile 5.0) but have had no success.

whenever i attempt to synchronize i receive the message "synchronization error". any thoughts?

Mike Temporale
08-15-2006, 02:02 AM
Well, the 8125 is actually a Pocket PC and not a Smartphone (using the windows Mobile definition). You will have better luck asking your question on our sister site Pocket PC Thoughts (http://www.PocketPCThoughts.com)

As far as I can think; is your device setup for Data? Does your Cingular account support data?

When you say you can do POP3 email, you mean via ActiveSync with your desktop, right?

Sven Johannsen
08-15-2006, 05:58 AM
When you say you can do POP3 email, you mean via ActiveSync with your desktop, right?

And if you do mean syncing with your desktop, it isn't going to happen with WM5 at all. WM5 will only sync over the air with an exchange server. The ability to do IP sync with AS and a desktop was removed for security reasons. That typically is referenced as WiFi sync around the house, but also includes syncing with the desktop via network cable (CF network card) or from the internet whether GPRS, edge, Wifi hotspot or whatever. The AS feature of syncing with Outlook on your desktop doesn't work other than USB, BT, serial, or IR...period.