View Full Version : Advice - MDA or Blackberry 8700G

mickshone
07-30-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi Guys,

Well due to incredible stupidity on my part, I dropped my SDA, I find myself needing to replace my phone. Figures the first phone I've ever dropped would happen to be the one I paid most for!

Anyway, much as I would have remained content with the SDA, I did encounter 1 big drawback, and that was the size of the keypad, in fact when responding to e-mail, I would almost always record a voice attachment, typing would have been almost impossible.

The MDA seems to have the advantage of having mobile 'Office' suite, and a couple of other media angles, but I'd value any opinions you might have on the two machines.

One final point, I configured my SDA to run on tzones, so the $6 plan, I am presuming that I would have no problem configuring the MDA to do the same, BUT, can the Blackberry be setup to do the same or is the Blackberry plan a must?

Thanks for any opinions.

Mick

Pete Paxton
07-31-2006, 04:40 AM
I would definitely pick the MDA. I had a BB once and it wasn't bad it's just that is was basically an email machine. The MDA would handle all your emails plus feel like more of a pocket computer. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PIM functions, email, and wifi. AND as of today, Tmo released the new rom update for the MDA series. You should visit www.pocketpcthoughts.com for the new rom details and also try your question there as well. Good luck!

mickshone
07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
I would definitely pick the MDA. I had a BB once and it wasn't bad it's just that is was basically an email machine. The MDA would handle all your emails plus feel like more of a pocket computer. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PIM functions, email, and wifi. AND as of today, Tmo released the new rom update for the MDA series. You should visit www.pocketpcthoughts.com for the new rom details and also try your question there as well. Good luck!

Hi Crispeto,

Good advice and I thank you!!

I decided to go with the MDA and it is hopefully winging its way to me as we speak :)

Thanks again,

Mick