View Full Version : Setting the time

davidwsica
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm new to the Cingular 2125 (previously had a PPC-6700 on Sprint) and cannot figure out how (if it's even possible) to automatically set the time on this device. Is there not configuration or 3rd party program to automatically set the time from Cingular or other network time server? Thanks, David

Rocco Augusto
07-24-2006, 07:19 PM
there is no way, that i know of, to set the time from the towers. if im not mistaken though, there might be a way to set the time based off of your computers time when you preform a sync. im not 100% positive on that though.

i would test it out by making sure both your phone and your computer are setup for the same timezone and just plug it in and see what it does ;)

davidwsica
07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
there is no way, that i know of, to set the time from the towers. if im not mistaken though, there might be a way to set the time based off of your computers time when you preform a sync. im not 100% positive on that though.

i would test it out by making sure both your phone and your computer are setup for the same timezone and just plug it in and see what it does ;)

Well, I just tested out your suggestion and YES it does set the time on the device to the same time as the desktop. It's a partial solution but I really don't sync that much. It would be truly nice if I could have it set automatically (like the Sprint PPC-6700 can do). I'm surprised there's no 3rd party sw/hack with this capability. Sounds like an opportunity for some experienced Smartphone programmers! I'd be willing to pay $5-$10 for such a piece of software.

Jerry Raia
07-25-2006, 12:44 AM
There are a few 3rd party apps that will sync over the air or AS with regular time servers on the Internet.

davidwsica
07-25-2006, 01:43 AM
There are a few 3rd party apps that will sync over the air or AS with regular time servers on the Internet.

I was unable to Google anything of the sort. Can you provide names of these 3rd party apps you're aware of? Thanks!

Mike Temporale
07-25-2006, 04:09 AM
I was unable to Google anything of the sort. Can you provide names of these 3rd party apps you're aware of? Thanks!

Tweaks2k.net does this. I'm sure there are other apps, but I can't think of them at the momment.

Jerry Raia
07-25-2006, 07:02 AM

Tweaks2k.net does this. I'm sure there are other apps, but I can't think of them at the momment.

Fizz Traveller does too.

bshpmark
07-26-2006, 02:12 AM
TimeSync will automatically sync your time with the atomic clock at the National Bureau of Standards at time.nist.gov . It will sync everytime you turn on the phone and then also at selcted intervals throughout the day. It has a 15 day trial period. You can get it at HANDANGO.COM. I have been trying it out for a few days and it works great.

davidwsica
07-26-2006, 05:00 PM
TimeSync will automatically sync your time with the atomic clock at the National Bureau of Standards at time.nist.gov . It will sync everytime you turn on the phone and then also at selcted intervals throughout the day. It has a 15 day trial period. You can get it at HANDANGO.COM. I have been trying it out for a few days and it works great.

Thanks for the tip! This looks like just what I was looking for. Have you successfuly installed/run this of the Storage Card or does it need to be installed in main memory?

bshpmark
07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I run it from the storage card with no problem. I'll probably go ahead and purchase it for $9.95. I am only experiencing one slight problem with it and it is not with what the program does. It is a display problem with the options menu. Some of the words are chopped off on my SDA screen. The actual screen display when the program is running and syncing is fine though. The option screen has enough info though that I can figure out what the options are. I have sent an email to the developer to see if they have any idea what the problem is. But as I said, the program works fine. I have mine set to sync every 120 minutes which is the max sync time.

Mark

davidwsica
07-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I run it from the storage card with no problem. I'll probably go ahead and purchase it for $9.95. I am only experiencing one slight problem with it and it is not with what the program does. It is a display problem with the options menu. Some of the words are chopped off on my SDA screen. The actual screen display when the program is running and syncing is fine though. The option screen has enough info though that I can figure out what the options are. I have sent an email to the developer to see if they have any idea what the problem is. But as I said, the program works fine. I have mine set to sync every 120 minutes which is the max sync time.

Mark

I installed the trial and I'm having the same option screen display problem on my Cingular 2125.

bshpmark
07-27-2006, 11:40 PM
I wrote the developer about the problem a day or so ago and have not yet had a reply back. If I hear back I will post their response. The program is nice though.

bshpmark
08-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Just got an email from the developer of TimeSync. They just released an update at http://www.slipstreamsolutions.co.uk/products/mTimeSync.htm which fixes the display problem on some of the smartphones. I downloaded it and it works just fine now. This is a definite buy.

Mark

davidwsica
08-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Just got an email from the developer of TimeSync. They just released an update at http://www.slipstreamsolutions.co.uk/products/mTimeSync.htm which fixes the display problem on some of the smartphones. I downloaded it and it works just fine now. This is a definite buy.

Mark

Thanks for the update. I've updated my program and agree it works better now.