View Full Version : MPX220+Bluetooth ActiveSync, NO USB CABLE!

Will403536
07-19-2006, 03:06 PM
How would I do this? Do I need to install Motorola Phone Tools? I can buy that if I need to.

I have tried AS 3.8 and 4.2, and multiple configuration options from both my computer and my phone, but the MPX220 never "Connects" to the computer in AS: it's always displayed as "Connecting". I think that is because under PC Options, it is looking for the name of my friend's (I bought it from him) PC. I changed my PC's Bluetooth display name to that, but it still doesn't work.

Plz remember I do not have a USB cable to sync with initially as the phone seems to require.

I am trying to transfer MP3 ringtones to the phone, so if you know of a better alternative please let me know also.

Thanks. :)

Sven Johannsen
07-20-2006, 02:52 AM
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~unit~Motorola_MPx220-253~area~accessories-retractable+sync.htm

Cheaper than Phonetools and would actually work. Theoretically you should be able to do an initial pairing and partnering over BT as it is essentially just a emulated serial connection. In practise though, you are more likely to end up with ulcers and less hair than joy.