View Full Version : xpressmail displays very old mail before new mail

web1b
07-18-2006, 03:33 AM
Is there a way to set Xpressmail to pull the recent mail instead the oldest mail? Even when you set it to display in descending order by date, it pulls 25 of the very oldest messages and displays those in descending order instead of bringing the recent messages.

Mike Temporale
07-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I haven't used ExpressMail. But I have had a simliar problem with the built-in inbox on the Smartphone. The problem turned out to be the date and time on the phone. It wasn't set correctly and thus it would pull down more than it should.

web1b
07-18-2006, 02:36 PM
The date and time are set correctly on the phone, so that isn't the problem.
I'm trying to get Xpressmail to download the newest mesages first rather than messages from months ago.

Kris Kumar
07-19-2006, 03:28 AM
I am using XpressMail with an Exchange based account and I dont have this problem.

Could it be that the date time on the mail server is incorrect? :?

web1b
07-19-2006, 04:21 AM
I am using XpressMail with an Exchange based account and I dont have this problem.

Could it be that the date time on the mail server is incorrect? :?

It is not the wrong dates on the messages and I'm using it with GMail.
The dates are not wrong. Xpress mail is pulling the oldest mail first instead of the most recent mail. It is actual old messages I remember from months ago, not new messages with the wrong date stamp.
I have hundreds of old saved messages, so I do not want to have wade through all thise old messages to get to new mail.
Everytime I have it pull more messages, the next group of messages is newer that the last, but it's forcing me to pull down the entire mail box of mail just to get to the new messages and that is a big waste of time.
If this is how it works, then it's easier to just go to the gmail web site to get gmail messages than to deal with Xpressmail.

Kris Kumar
07-19-2006, 04:29 AM
How is XpressMail retrieving Gmail messages? Is your Gmail account set up as a POP3 account?

I know for fact that the Gmail's POP3 based retrieval system is funky! I have never been able to figure it out.

I don't think the issue is with XpressMail.

web1b
07-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Yes, gmail is set up for pop access or no mail could download at all.
I have used gmail with Outlook and didn't have this problem, so it must be an Xpressmail issue.
I thought it would be easier to use Xpressmail for gmail messages rather than the gmail website, but it is turning out to be more of a hassle.

Kris Kumar
07-19-2006, 04:40 AM
I am dumb, I mean I wanted to suggest the following in my previous post, but forgot.

Since the Gmail is setup for POP3, why are you not using Pocket Outlook, the email application built into the Smartphone, for directly syncing with the Gmail POP3 account?

You don't need XpressMail for a POP3 account when you have POP3/IMAP directly built into the Smartphone.

XpressMail is great for Microsoft Exchange/Lotus Domino users.

web1b
07-19-2006, 04:45 AM
I am dumb, I mean I wanted to suggest the following in my previous post, but forgot.

Since the Gmail is setup for POP3, why are you not using Pocket Outlook, the email application built into the Smartphone, for directly syncing with the Gmail POP3 account?

You don't need XpressMail for a POP3 account when you have POP3/IMAP directly built into the Smartphone.

XpressMail is great for Microsoft Exchange/Lotus Domino users.

I thought you needed to use Activesync to copy mail from your PC to the Smart phone when using Pocket Outlook. I wanted to access mail on the road without having to sync with the PC.

Kris Kumar
07-19-2006, 05:02 AM
I thought you needed to use Activesync to copy mail from your PC to the Smart phone when using Pocket Outlook. I wanted to access mail on the road without having to sync with the PC.

ActiveSync based email sync is done when the mobile device cannot connect to the Internet on its own. All Smartphones can connect to the Internet on their own (provided you have the data plan, which you have).

So Pocket Outlook will check the POP3/IMAP account directly. You can set it up to check every X amount of interval. :-)

To create a mail box that can check a POP3 or IMAP, in your case POP3 Gmail account - open the Pocket Outlook or the Messaging application, select an existing account like Text Messages, now select the right soft-key Menu, then Options, followed by New Account. Follow the screens and you will be all set.