View Full Version : Rogers MyMail on Cingular 2125 (WM5)?

CmptrDan
02-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi All,

Last week I bought a Cingular 2125 (WM5) phone and unlocked it so I could use my Rogers smartcard.

Then I used my SMT5600 to download the MyMail.cab file and copied it to my desktop and then to my new 2125. The installation finished okay but the MyMail folders aren't showing up properly and the inbox doesn't show anything.

Does anyone know if the Rogers MyMail application supports WM5? Any ideas how to fix this? :?

Thanks,

Dan.

Richard76
02-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey CmptrDan,

I believe I can answer the first part of your question. The data support person I spoke to told me that:

a) Rogers MyMail did not support Windows Mobile 5 and he did not know when or if it would.

b) He did not know when or if Rogers was planning on introducing any Windows Mobile 5 devices.

Personally, I was also using it with my Audiovox SMT5600 but found I could not live without a keyboard. So, I purchased a Treo 650 and tried MyMail with that. After a about a week I found the quasi-push email (it checks the server about every 10-15 minutes) really eats up your battery.

I am now back to using my Wizard and the SMS notifications of MyMail to advise me when I have email. I then log on to MyMail, using it as a Web Mail service. The jury is still out as to which I prefer.

CmptrDan
02-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the scoop Richard!

There are rumblings that Rogers will introduce a WM5 PocketPC phone (Cingular 8125 clone or Palm 700w) but no word on a new WM5 smartphone.

Dan.

Richard76
02-14-2006, 12:01 AM
No problem CmptrDan. I supected that it wouldn't be too long before Rogers introduced some type of WM5 device. After all, WM5 has been out now for what, 8-9 months.

It just never ceases to amaze me how little information the techincal support people have to work with. I would think that it should just be a matter of a patch to get MyMail working with WM5. However, having said that, I won't hold my breath.

Mike Temporale
02-14-2006, 02:15 AM
After all, WM5 has been out now for what, 8-9 months.

Yup, its been just about 9 months! But that doesn't mean much. Canadian carriers are always months behind the US carriers, and they didn't get WinMo5 devices until just before Christmas. So, I think you've got at least a couple more months. :(

groundprox
10-28-2006, 10:31 PM
does anyone have the mymail.cab for me to download on my O2 Neo? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the roger's site. please email me at: [email protected] if you can help. thanks