View Full Version : Additional charges with Unlimited MediaNet?

Dlogan
02-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I have seen other threads asking similar questions, but I'd like to get expert opinions to my issues. This is where all the experts hang out, right?

I just had Cingular switch me from a MediaWorks package ($19.95) to an Unlimited MediaNet package ($19.95). With the old package I was getting data charges anywhere from $50 to $150 per month on top of the $19.95.

With the Unlimited MediaNet ($19.95) Plan, will I incur additional charges for:
-Internet access via IE. The reason I mention via IE is because of the MediaNet browsing that's available on the phone.
-Receiving email via MSN Mobile
-Streaming Audio
-Streaming Video
-Outlook email via Web Access or Goodlink
-Laptop browsing using phone as a modem

I have ommitted Text Messaging from my list. I purchased an addtional plan for $4.95 which covers 200 messages.

PS. I just bought the Cingular 2125 and can't imagine why it took me so long. The phone is awesome.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Sven Johannsen
02-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I do all those things on my MPX220, or SMT5600, or JasJar, or K-Jam, or SP5 and have never been charged extra. Only thing I can't really do easily is get the medianet stuff, as most of those phones are unbranded and don't have that MediaNet icon. The SMT is a Cingular phone but it doesn't sport the Media net icon either like my Wife's razr does. I can get to the opening web site but things get wierd after that.

I use the same Cingular SIM in all those devices.

You are right to get the text plan because SMS, MMS etc are not covered under the Media Net plan (like they aren't data :roll: ).