View Full Version : Get Gawker, Flavorpill, usatoday, and others to your smartphone..

john_mobileplay
02-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Hey I just wanted to invite everyone to give our free app, Mobileplay at www.mobileplay.com/ppcblog a try. It's free, it's an easy download.. and you are probably asking why this and not a regular old RSS reader.

Simple, we have relationships with our Content Partners: Gizmodo, USA Today, Gawker, The Sporting News, Defamer, Flavorpill, PDA Today, Foders, Thought Network, and many more that allows us to deliver full stories to your device using a desktop sync, hotspot sync, or wireless sync. Now you have a device full of content, and not just HTTP headline links where you have to use valuable and costly "data minutes".

A quick sync at the airport hot spot or the local coffee shop and you literally have a couple days worth of content to read.

Not only do we have the capability to push "written content", but applications and games. We will soon be offering even more premium subscription content in the near future..

So give it a download.. post here what you think.. we would love to hear your thoughts, comments, and suggestions..

Thank you!!

John Drefahl

Mike Temporale
02-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi John, I moved your post over here to the announcements section ;)

It looks pretty interesting, but I don't see any Windows Mobile Smartphone based devices in your supported device list. :(

damonb10
02-16-2006, 12:33 AM
I signed up immediately, because I used to be an AvantGo user. However, AvantGo doesn't support WM for smartphones. Mobileplay did have smartphones as an option to select. So, I went through the setup and selected my SMT5600. After that, I get this message:

"Coming Soon

We apologize but at the moment we do not support the device you selected. We will notify you by email as soon as we do an official release for it. "

I hope they add support soon.