View Full Version : Cingular / qtek 8310 problems

mschoneman
12-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I've having a problem with my new phone related to internet usage.

If I turn the phone off, then back on I can browse the web no problems.

If I leave the phone sitting for a while (not sure how long) I have the G in the title bar and over the signal strength indicating (I think) that I should have a GPRS connection. However, anytime I try to go to a website I just get the "Locating...." graphic and then an Alert "The page connot be found. Check the name and try again." Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Michael Schoneman

Kris Kumar
12-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Which Smartphone do you have the Cingular 2125 or the Qtek 8310. And who is the carrier?

Check this post. (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=63597)I am having the same problem.

I believe we will have to wait for a ROM update for this to get fixed. The problem is that the Smartphone persists the GRPS/EDGE data connection even after you stopped using it. But when you switch cell tower locations. The previous connection properties are no longer valid. To fix the problem. Go to the home screen. And press the hang-up button twice. You will notice that the small G or small E on top of the signal bars will vanish. Which indicates you no longer have an older data session. So now if you try to browse, you will be able to access the net. Plus this is quicker than power off and on.

The reason why I am asking about the carrier is because it could be that the carriers have the networks configured incorrectly. :evil:

Kris Kumar
12-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Oh my bad.

You are on Cingular. :oops: And using Qtek 8310.

I should have some coffee. Stupid me.

Just check the link that I mentioned in the previous post. ;-) I think the problem is common across i-mate SP5/SP5m and Cingular 2125 for users of Cingular networks. :evil:

Kris Kumar
12-29-2005, 04:44 PM
And oh, Welcome to Smartphone Thoughts! :-)