View Full Version : Cingular 2125 and GoodLink Problems

dwellers
12-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Has anyone installed GoodLink on there Cingular 2125? I used it extensively on a Treo 650 and most recently an SMT 5600. Now on the 2125 I have problems.

Seems that not only will GoodLink not install over the air (OTA), but once installed via a cable, uses virtually all the "storage" memory on the phone. I am down to under 1MB causing the phone to complain pretty regularly.

I have submitted the problem to Good and they are actively working on a solution/workaround.

Can anyone tell me how to free up "storage" memory? Will deleting non-essential items free that up? Any suggestions on what to delete? I have a 1GB mini-SD card so I could move things over to it...but what?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

--David

P.S. Besides this little issue, the phone is great!

Mike Temporale
12-21-2005, 02:50 AM
Clear the cache in IE. If you've been using it, that will free up a couple meg.

dwellers
12-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the tip but I only had about 200k in there. It helped but not much.

Can you tell me what comprises "storage" memory? What can be deleted safely to free up storage?

Thanks again!

--David

dwellers
12-23-2005, 05:52 AM
I just installed a ROM update for the 2125 from HTC America's support site. It seems to have done the trick. I was able to download GoodLink OTA (over the air) and have plenty of room for some other applications. Express doesn't work completely...it actually froze the phone up. Maps still don't work either, just like they didn't on the 5600 (needless to say, I'm canceling my subscription).

Seems like enough people complained that they did something quickly.

BTW, seems that HTC's US operation is in swing now. I'm excited that they are here. I take it as a sign of more phones to come!

--David

Mike Temporale
12-23-2005, 03:43 PM
I just installed a ROM update for the 2125 from HTC America's support site.

What's the URL?

The reason I ask is because HTC doesn't currently offer any ROM Updates on their website. They don't sell to the end user, so it's not something I would expect them to do. Typically, you'll find ROM updates on the carriers website (or the third party company that stamped their name on it.)

dwellers
12-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Here's the URL for the ROM update:

http://www.htcamerica.net/support/software_updates.htm

Good luck!

--David

Mike Temporale
12-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Thanks! Jerry's posted this info to the front page - we want to make sure everyone knows where to find updates. :wink: