View Full Version : WM10 stopped playing mp3's :(

Rocco Augusto
11-17-2005, 07:52 PM
i installed a trial version of pocketmusic yesterday and uninstalled it a few hours later because i prefered wm10 better. once i uninstalled pocketmusic wm10 lost all ability to play mp3's and i can no longer use mp3's as ringtones.

im totally stumpped. ive tried everything i can think of. i have serached the forum high and low and was not able to find a similar post on the subject but i figured i would still post this anyway to see if maybe someone could help. thanks in advance.

-opti-

Mike Temporale
11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh... not good. There has to be a way to set the file associations. Let me look around and see what I can find.

Rocco Augusto
11-17-2005, 09:47 PM
i reassociated the files with WM10 but it just will not play them. The exact error message I get is:

"Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."

I also tried google to no avail. :(

see this is why i don't tryout new programs very often :lol:

Rocco Augusto
11-17-2005, 09:57 PM
searching microsfots site it turns out this is a common bug with WM10 :(

while they describe how i can reproduce the bug they dont have any suggestions for fixing it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Jerry Raia
11-18-2005, 07:02 AM
Oh sure they do. Hard reset. :cry:

Rocco Augusto
11-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh sure they do. Hard reset. :cry:

i odnt want to hard reset, i have to much stuff on there from the last time i backed up that i dont want to reload and if i backup and reload then i still get stuck now being able to play mp3's :lol:

this wouldn't be a problem if the c600 just came to cingular already :cry:

Jerry Raia
11-19-2005, 07:46 PM
this wouldn't be a problem if the c600 just came to cingular already :cry:

Yeah then reloading everything won't seem so bad! :lol: