View Full Version : Audiovox SMT 5600 Case Suggestions?

Havana
05-21-2005, 06:11 AM
Anyone know of a good form-fitting Audiovox SMT 5600 case?

Jason Dunn
05-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Unfortunately it seems that netiher Sena nor Vaja have any cases for that phone. I carry mine naked, so to be honest I've never really looked for a case. :?

Sven Johannsen
05-22-2005, 05:17 AM
While I got cases for my PPCs (Sena) I've taken to carrying the 5600 in the belt case it came with. With a phone it just seems like it should be naked when I use it. I think a case that covered the front would be awkward on a phone, and if it left everything accessible, it would just add bulk. The beauty of the phone is it's size.

Mike Temporale
05-22-2005, 01:39 PM
I wish Vaja would release a case for it, but it doesn't seem to be on their list of things to do. :(

For now, I'm using the case that came with the phone. It took a little getting used to, but it's actually a pretty good case. Alternately, you could order a general phone pouch from Vaja.

dbob
05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I bought a leather case made by Kruzell back in November. Paid approximately $30 including shipping. It closes by zipper. Also it comes with a belt adapter. It fits snugly and has an unsnappable flap across the back for the camera.

You'll find it at: http://www.pcs-ltd.com/
Dbob

Havana
05-23-2005, 04:07 AM
I bought a leather case made by Kruzell back in November. Paid approximately $30 including shipping. It closes by zipper.

How do you like this case?

uzumaki_79
05-23-2005, 08:57 PM
They have a bunch, was it the Classic/MultiDapt?

I bought a leather case made by Kruzell back in November. Paid approximately $30 including shipping. It closes by zipper. Also it comes with a belt adapter. It fits snugly and has an unsnappable flap across the back for the camera.

You'll find it at: http://www.pcs-ltd.com/
Dbob

dbob
05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Check my previous post for the Kruzell web site. The model I purchased is

K-B86160.

They will show you a working model.

greghaz
06-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Actually Piel Frama, a very high quality leather goods maker makes one for the Orange SPV C500 (European version of the SMT5600). I bought one and it fits reasonably (ie: a little on the loose side) well and doesn't need to be removed to use the phone (except for the camera) and has a secure removable clip. It can be seen here:
http://www.pielframa.com/spv_c500_eng.htm

Personally I find it makes the phone a little bulky for my tastes so I haven't used it much at all.

In fact if anyone is interested on a deal let me know (MODERATOR: if this solicitation is inappropriate please remove).

Cheers,
Greg

Mike Temporale
06-02-2005, 01:53 AM
(MODERATOR: if this solicitation is inappropriate please remove).

Not at all. You might want to post it in the Buy & Sell forum as well, but that's your call. ;)

Rocco Augusto
06-02-2005, 02:13 AM
i just read an article about a nice form fitting case for the 5600 last week on 'Cool Smart Phone' (google for web address). The writter really seemed to like the case. it might be work taking a look at.

-opti-

Mike Temporale
06-02-2005, 02:20 AM
i just read an article about a nice form fitting case for the 5600 last week on 'Cool Smart Phone' (google for web address). The writter really seemed to like the case. it might be work taking a look at.

-opti-

Are you referring to the Flex case? Like the one I reviewed (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,7381) back in February? ;)

Rocco Augusto
06-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Are you referring to the Flex case? Like the one I reviewed (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,7381) back in February? ;)

yes! thats the case i was talking about :). to bad i didnt know about this site back in february or i would have prolly got the 5600 instead of the mpx220 ;)

that flex casejust looks spiffy :)

Mike Temporale
06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
From what Dlogan is saying over here, (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8468&highlight=) it might not be too late for you to get a SMT5600. ;)

BTW, the case is great. It huges the phone like crazy, and it has grip like you wouldn't believe. :D

Rocco Augusto
06-03-2005, 11:14 PM
im very tempted :)

im just worried about the 'dust under the screen' problem i heard about

Mike Temporale
06-04-2005, 01:55 AM
The dust issue seems to be worse with the original C500's than with the Audiovox model. At least there are less Audiovox people complaining about this.

Now, it may have to do with how you carry your device. I never put mine in my pocket. It's always in a belt case or inthe flex case. I have a very small amount of dust under the screen. It's nothing to be concerned about.

Rocco Augusto
06-04-2005, 06:55 PM
well i called to take the plunge but was told by 4 different people at xbm that they had no idea what i was talking about and were only authorized to swap for the v551 and give me a $300 (USD) bill credit. im going to try calling back later when the mid shift gets there, see if i can get another response out of them.

-opti-

sojourner753
06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
I carry mine naked, so to be honest I've never really looked for a case. :?

I've been using the Krussel case for quite sometime. Then I got tired of the added bulk and carried the phone naked in my shirt pocket. 30 minutes in, it slipped out of my pocket and got a small scratch in the lower corner of the screen. :(

Its now back in the case now.

Rocco Augusto
06-05-2005, 09:23 PM
woohoo, there switchig mine out. about time :)

if i decide to keep it ill grab a flexcase :P

Mike Temporale
06-06-2005, 02:07 AM

Good to hear. I guess you just have to get the right person on the phone, eh. :?

Rocco Augusto
06-06-2005, 03:09 AM
oddly enough it was a new person i talked to on the phone that just got out of training that new. she said they went over a whole course on how to handle this situation with the mpx220 :lol:

Mike Temporale
06-06-2005, 03:53 AM
she said they went over a whole course on how to handle this situation with the mpx220 :lol:

8O :rotfl:

Rocco Augusto
06-07-2005, 12:31 AM
i was just as suprised. i didnt realize there were that many mpx220 users ;)

Mike Temporale
06-07-2005, 12:57 AM
I never expected Cingular to have a whole section devoted to the MPx220. That just shows how many problems they are having with this phone. It's sad that Motorola had all that time to get it right, but still goofed it up. :roll:

hughck
06-19-2005, 04:12 AM
I'm happy with the case that came with the phone. My only concern was that it might fall off and if it did my 2 conerns was:

1. the corners are not protected and the phone could be damaged.
2. I might not notice that the phone fell off and I would lose the phone.

I now do not need to be concerned about either of these issues, because I punched a hole in the back corner of the case and put a gummet in it. I then attached a keychain to the case. I put my belt through the keychain and then put the case on the belt. If the case should come off the belt, it just hangs there.

Try this, it works.

hughck
06-19-2005, 04:15 AM
I'm talking about the smt5600 phone and the case that came with it.

Mike Temporale
06-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm happy with the case that came with the phone. My only concern was that it might fall off

I've been using the case that came with the phone for a long time now, and it has yet to come close to falling off my belt. However, your solution sounds like a good one!

hughck
06-23-2005, 03:56 PM
But before I put the chain on the case, I was always checking it and one time it was only about a 1/2 from coming lose. Now I have peace of mind, don't worry about it at all or even think about it. Now that that worry is over, I really like the case that came with it, don't see why anyone would want a different case.

kingtechservices
06-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Good to hear. I guess you just have to get the right person on the phone, eh. :? :D

My keypad was sticking on the ATT branded SMT5600 phone, so I went to the Cingular site, logged in and filled out a defective handset form and presto! My NEW Cingular branded SMT5600 will be overnight to me :D

dbob
07-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Krusell manufactures the case that I use. Enter krusell case into your search engine. Paid about approximately $30 with s&h for it. This case fits several similar size models. Fits snugly, is well padded, is skewed 1/8 inch to the left on the face, but all holes, etc., line up. The back has an un-snappable flap which alllows for use of the camera. If you need instant access to the camera, this is not the case for you. Below is the model number that was sent to me:

KR-C-QTK-86160

encece
07-17-2005, 02:44 AM
After struggling back and forth between PPC phones and Smartphones, Size was the most important factor to bring me back to Smartphones. The SMT5600 is so small...why would I want to bulk it up with a case? I just stick it in my pocket and voila...protected! :)

ctmagnus
08-19-2005, 04:07 AM
I've been using the Krussel case for quite sometime. Then I got tired of the added bulk and carried the phone naked in my shirt pocket. 30 minutes in, it slipped out of my pocket and got a small scratch in the lower corner of the screen. :(

Somehow, I got a very nice gash on the screen protector on my 5600. Thankfully, I had sprung for a set of screen protectors and prevented that from happening to the screen!

Mike Temporale
08-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Somehow, I got a very nice gash on the screen protector on my 5600. Thankfully, I had sprung for a set of screen protectors and prevented that from happening to the screen!

Wow! Good choice on the screen protector. It's saved my screen at least a couple times. :D

hughck
08-28-2005, 05:38 AM
go to http://www.cellphoneshop.net/hoforausm.html

ctmagnus
08-28-2005, 06:01 AM

Mike: Is that holster on your list of stuff to buy/you've bought?

Mike Temporale
08-29-2005, 02:54 AM

Mike: Is that holster on your list of stuff to buy/you've bought?

Yup. We just posted that to the front page the other day. I ordered the holster, battery (ya, I know it's not a full battery but I figure the phone is only going to be used for a little while longer. ;) ) and the correct antenna (not the velcro thing :P ) I hope my order will arrive before this coming weekend, but I think that's a pipe dream. :)

kabkbak
08-29-2005, 05:00 AM
hello mike
i ordered the belt clip and the clear rubber case on fri night will see when it shows but,is the rubber stopper on the back of the phone
a cover for an antenna jack
i did not whant to pull it out just to look but an extra antenna at home would be sweet
thanks ,matt

ctmagnus
08-29-2005, 05:04 AM
Yes, it is.

Mike Temporale
08-29-2005, 10:33 AM
just as ctmagnus said, yes! :D

I just hope it isn't another spot for dust to get in. It looks pretty sealed, but I haven't taken a flashlight to it or anything.

kabkbak
09-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Just recieved my clip on holster friday night. So far so good.
It is a verry light gray in color and has two holes on the back for the cam and
self port mirror the clip holds the phone tightly,but it holds it face out;
A downer for me personely but it is verry slim and the phone will never
fall out.
on another note I also picked up one of there silicone phone covers.
it is clear and fits like skin with all the holes in the right places you can still use all the keys as needed but after 8 hrs in my pocket the silicone picked up every pease of lint in a 3 mile area and the lint slipped between the case and the phone,Verry unsightly and the silicone made it verry hard to get out of my pocket

ctmagnus
09-04-2005, 05:32 AM
I have one of the silicon cases from BoxWave and I found that the best way to eliminata lint pick-up is to wash it a few times. I think I washed mine five or six times over ten days or so, and it's fine now.

kabkbak
09-04-2005, 05:49 AM
thanks i'll try it I did like the case so some suds are in its future
with out the phone right?

ctmagnus
09-04-2005, 06:08 AM
Actually, I just rinsed it off under warm water and let it air dry. No soap necessary. And unless you really, really despise your phone, I'd remove it first ;)