View Full Version : Verizon CEO Thinks it’s Unreasonable to Expect your Cellphone to Work at Home

Jerry Raia
04-18-2005, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997040452/' target='_blank'>http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997040452/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Could someone at Verizon keep CEO Ivan Seidenberg away from the press? We’ll let that fact that he ridiculed municipal WiFi slide, since he’s just protecting his turf (even if he did call it “one of the dumbest ideas” he’s ever heard), but whining about Verizon Wireless customers who complain about the quality of their cellphone service is pretty weak."</i><br /><br />This guy is a real piece of work and a classic example of the Peter Principle. Imagine people spending money for the "worry free guarantee" and then complaining when they don't get it! The nerve!!! This supports my theory that most CEO's don't know much about their customers.

Santa Fe
04-18-2005, 10:54 PM
So that is why the "can you here me now" guy is always in the streets. :)

xultar
04-18-2005, 11:24 PM
So that is why the "can you here me now" guy is always in the streets. :)

I would assume so or he's homeless and chose Verizon as his carrier cuz well of what their stoopid CEO said.

Janak Parekh
04-19-2005, 05:29 AM
As I mentioned somewhere else... this non-genius isn't Verizon Wireless's CEO. He's Verizon's. While Verizon is a part-owner of VZW, VZW has their own CEO, who is hopefully more clueful (at least about coverage, not sure about phones).

Verizon has a huge stake in their landline business, so I'm not completely surprised their CEO is spouting off things like this.

--janak

Mike Temporale
04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
As I mentioned somewhere else... this non-genius isn't Verizon Wireless's CEO. He's Verizon's. While Verizon is a part-owner of VZW, VZW has their own CEO, who is hopefully more clueful (at least about coverage, not sure about phones).

Verizon has a huge stake in their landline business, so I'm not completely surprised their CEO is spouting off things like this.

--janak

Ok, that makes things a little better. However, I still think it's a stupid comment to make - for any CEO in the telephony business.

Jerry Raia
04-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I have dealt with Verizon over the last few years for quit a few things besides wireless and I can safely say they think it is unreasonable for you to expect ANY service they provide to work! :lol:

Janak Parekh
04-22-2005, 01:23 AM
I have dealt with Verizon over the last few years for quit a few things besides wireless and I can safely say they think it is unreasonable for you to expect ANY service they provide to work! :lol:
Minus the laugh. Jerry is 100% correct. Verizon's technical support is the worst I've ever had, bar none. I once actually had a tech on the line that claimed they didn't sell T1 service, despite the fact that the Verizon technical guy had been in the office merely one hour before that and that we had spoken to other techs on the phone that very day... :roll:

--jaank