View Full Version : No more backorder: MPx220 & Cingular

Dlogan
04-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Cingular does not have the MPx220 on backorder as of right now. I just got off the phone with their Exchange Program. My phone has been acting up for quite some time, so I decided to call and see if they would replace it. It took about 5 minutes and I am supposed to have a brand new one tomorrow (Friday).

I think I've seen where quite a few people are saying Cingular has the phone on backorder and just wanted to let everyone know that they don't today.

I am anxious to see what ROM update it has. Does anyone know if Moto is shipping the new one out?

Kris Kumar
04-15-2005, 05:03 AM
I have heard about the new ROM. But have not heard of anyone having it.

Also, thanks for the sharing the info about the phones no longer being on backorder.

Sven Johannsen
04-15-2005, 05:53 PM
I assume you'll let us know what ROM it has first thing, right ;)

ctitanic
04-15-2005, 07:52 PM
I assume you'll let us know what ROM it has first thing, right ;)

I hope he does not forget what the words "share info" mean. :twisted:

Dlogan
04-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I've been tied up with my day job. As soon as it came in, I swapped the battery, SIM Card, and battery cover from the old phone, to the "new" phone. Then went straight to check the ROM version... :cry: wouldn't you know... it was the same one we've always had. Oh well, at least we can still hope for an update.

I just hope this one does not lock-up / freeze on me. I don't think I'm going to be loading any software on this one. I just want to make sure it acts reliably like a telephone.

codymitch
04-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Really? I Just got off of the phone with cingular about one hour ago and they said the phone was back ordered. My phone is screwing up too and I need a replacement but there was none in stock according to them. I asked if it was being recalled and they said that it wasnt.