View Full Version : Rant: Defective mpx220, Cingular

ragintajin
04-09-2005, 10:17 AM
My 4 month old mpx220 all of a sudden stopped charging. It just does not sense anything from the AC adapter, nor from the USB cable. I've tried replacing the battery (after driving around to several local Cingular stores) and no avail.

I called Cingular to get my phone replaced as obviously it is the phone that is the problem. (I should add that I have NEVER dropped my phone nor done anything that would void its warranty) Cingular tells me that the mpx220 is on backorder and there are no substitutes for my phone. So now I am completely assed out with no phone. They won't even give me a loaner phone to use with my SIM card. This is unacceptable. All they suggest to me is to keep calling them every 3 days to find out the backorder situation, or to find myself a spare GSM phone. I asked them if I could get a loaner phone and they said no.

Such BS.

/rant

Kris Kumar
04-10-2005, 01:15 AM
The whole MPx220 product has been jinxed from the begining for Cingular. I wonder what they are upto with the backorder. :?

It seems like you have tried everything, sorry, have no new ideas.

Hang in there buddy!

ragintajin
04-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Two weeks later, I got my replacement phone. Oh man, my life was so unorganized without my baby...

ROM Specs:

Windows Mobile 2003 SE
Version 4.21.1088...

ROM update versions:
Operator: 0.250.1003.0
Manufacturer: 1.30.0.0
Microsoft: 4.21.14315.0