View Full Version : Audible for Smartphone Available

Gator5000e
02-25-2005, 03:48 PM
msmobile posted a link to the Audible site for dowloading a beta version of Audible Player for Smartphones - it only lists the SMT 5600 and Sprint i600 as compatible phones. I am going to try it and see how it works. Here is the link:

http://audible.com/adbl/store/audib...ecegedfhfdhgf.0

I tried to install the Smartphone software to my SMT 5600. I download the software and the activation process begins. I then get an error message that says "could not get player id".

After that nothng happens. Audible manager on my main computer shows Windows Smartphone in the lower portion of the manager screen but when I try to change the storage option to the storage card, an error message pops up that says "can not find Audible Player. If it is not installed please install it on your CE device".

At this point I do not know how to get the software to install on my smartphone.

If anyone else tries this and has success, pleae let me know what you did or what I did wrong.

I have e-mailed Audible but that could take days to get a response.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry Raia
02-27-2005, 05:19 AM
That link went to an error page.

Gator5000e
02-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Sorry. Try this one:

http://www.audible.com/adbl/store/audibletogohh.jsp?hdw=PC&BV_SessionID=@@@@1223895262.1109479016@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccckadddlmgjdkecefecegedfhfdhfk.0

or go to the audible software page at audible.com

Jerry Raia
02-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Oh its ok, those links just time out. So did that one. :lol:

encece
02-27-2005, 08:25 PM
I was able to download but unable to get the app to work. It never saw my phone nor was it able to load the software onto the phone.

Gator5000e
02-27-2005, 09:51 PM
I had the same problem. Would not load on my phone. TS at Audible said to make sure that software is installed on PPC. Mine is and did not make any difference. I have a follow up e-mail to Audible TS and will post the reply with I get it.

Jerry Raia
02-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Delete and Forget. :|

encece
03-02-2005, 01:06 AM
ditto.

Gator5000e
03-02-2005, 02:04 AM
I just thought it would have been a cool app to have on my phone.

cvictor806
03-04-2005, 09:12 PM
This is Chris from www.audible.com.

We've reposted the software available on www.audible.com/software to include both the AudibleManager for desktop and AudiblePlayer for smartphone.

We've been able to successfully use the Samsung Sprint i600 and the AudioVox SMT5600 in our beta program. Other users have reported luck in using other Microsoft Smartphones.

Mike Temporale
03-04-2005, 11:12 PM

We've reposted the software available on www.audible.com/software to include both the AudibleManager for desktop and AudiblePlayer for smartphone.

We've been able to successfully use the Samsung Sprint i600 and the AudioVox SMT5600 in our beta program. Other users have reported luck in using other Microsoft Smartphones.

Hi Chris! It's nice to see you guys here.

Does this mean that the Smartphone version is now out of beta? Or did you guys get too many emails from our readers? ;)

Jerry Raia
03-05-2005, 01:27 AM
I just thought it would have been a cool app to have on my phone.

Looks like the developer wants you to have it on your phone too :)

cvictor806
03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
The software is still considered beta because we of application signing differences between each phone. The only phone we truly support is the Sprint i600 since we are on the phone rom.

We'd love to hear feedback from you about the application. We are starting the next round of fixes, improvements, changes to the application so now is the time to chime in. And of course we'd love to have you test out any future enhancements we might have.

Chris
Audible.com

ARW
03-24-2005, 06:31 AM
I had much difficulty with Audible on my PPC, so didn't miss it when I moved to Smartphone. Recently a friend was telling me that he loves the service and that he thought I'd find it much easier to use.

So, I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, the links provided here don't work, nor does www.audible.com. Are they out of business or suffering some sort of major outage?

In case they come back on line, anybody gotten the beta to work on a VZW i600?

Mike Temporale
03-24-2005, 11:58 AM
There site is working fine now. Must have been a short outage or something. :?

anybody gotten the beta to work on a VZW i600?

From what Chris mentioned above:
The only phone we truly support is the Sprint i600 since we are on the phone rom.

I would guess that it should work on your i600. Although you're on Verizon and they mention Sprint... :?

ARW
03-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Just had a chance to try this on my VZW i600 and it wouldn't install due to certificate shortcomings. Too bad, but maybe in the future.

me
05-14-2005, 01:23 PM
If one has previously purchased Audible titles for PPC, will those also work on a Smartphone?