View Full Version : Does your text disappear?

meg
01-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi All! I am very new to all this. Santa brought me a 220 and I LOVE it! I've learned so much from this forum so I thought I would come to you guys with a question. I do alot of text messageing on my 220 and I've noticed that at times, the text disappears. It is always in iTAP as I'm approaching the right side of the screen. Part of the word that I'm typing just goes away. I can usually get it to re-appear by hitting the back key a few times or spacing ahead but it is a real pain. Is this a software glich or should I take the phone back. I can probably live with it as long as it doesn't indicate bigger problems ahead. Please advise and keep sharing all the great info. Newbies like me really thrive on it!!

Happy New Year!

Meg :)

Kris Kumar
01-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Not sure if I have understood the problem. Sorry...

Which part of the word dissappears, the part you have already typed or the part that you are typing

iTAP is weird compared to T9. But it mostly works.

If you see the word that you are typing in iTAP word complete, you can accept it by using the right button on the joypad.

meg
01-02-2005, 03:19 PM
The part that I have already typed goes away. The whole word disappears. It's not an iTAP thing. It is some sort of screen glich that only happens on the right side. I was hoping that more 220 users had experienced this but it must be only my phone. Now I guess I have to decide if it bothers me enough to trade it for a new one.

Thanks for the help. Have a great new year.

Meg

Kris Kumar
01-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I don't think I have seen that problem. The part that I have typed always stays. Never goes blank.

If you bought it at a store try another one. I mean try one in the store and then get it replaced. Even otherwise just hit the local BB and ask them if you can play with one.

Jerry Raia
01-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I have never seen this problem either and I have had 3 of these phones.