View Full Version : Anyone from MICROSOFT read posts here? Startwindowsmobile web site does not work

seaflipper
11-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Specifically, anyone from the Windows Mobile Smartphone group?

If you do, can you let someone know that the AT&T Wireless "Start WIndows Mobile" web page you host for AWS does not work with the Audiovox SMT5600!

http://aws.startwindowsmobile.com/

I have tried for days to configure my phone through this website and it never works. It never sends the conifig file to the phone for setup.

And I am not the only one. Over at the ATTWS forums, plenty of people are talking about this.

apeguero
11-06-2004, 01:24 AM
I tried this one out when I first got my phone and it worked for me. It's the one where you plug in all of the websites you want to appear in your favorites menu and such, right? It worked for me.

promano
11-10-2004, 03:43 PM
It only worked for me ONCE, and has never worked since.
I've tried over a dozen times to get it to download content to my SMT5600 and I NEVER receive it.

I've already written to Microsoft to tell them about it and I haven't seen it fixed yet...

Pete...

Jerry Raia
11-29-2004, 12:39 AM
I got it to work only once also. It never sends the SMS message.

jeffpaul
12-13-2004, 08:37 AM
I work in the group responsible for the start windows mobile services. The start services will make its best attempt to send the SMS message to your device; however, we are dependant on the mobile operator for the actual delivery. We will follow up with AWS and our SMS aggregator to see why some messages are not being delivered.

Jeffrey Paul
Development Lead - Mobile Device Solutions
Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Jerry Raia
12-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the info :)

It just seems when 90% of the time it does not work, something is not quite right. :wink:

promano
12-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I work in the group responsible for the start windows mobile services. The start services will make its best attempt to send the SMS message to your device; however, we are dependant on the mobile operator for the actual delivery. We will follow up with AWS and our SMS aggregator to see why some messages are not being delivered.

Jeffrey Paul
Microsoft

Why have the games been removed from the Configuration site ?

jeffpaul
12-13-2004, 07:47 PM
The games were removed because the binaries we received were not signed, and were not installing correctly on the Audiovox. As soon as we receive signed binaries from the application vendor, we will update the site.

Jeffrey Paul
Microsoft