View Full Version : Sesame Street Selects Intellisync For Their Always On Mobile Needs

Mike Temporale
11-03-2004, 06:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pdatoday.com/more/2292_0_1_0_M/' target='_blank'>http://www.pdatoday.com/more/2292_0_1_0_M/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind the world-famous Sesame Street(R) brand, has selected the Intellisync(R) Mobile Suite(TM) platform to provide mobile data access for employees who travel the globe. ...Some of the organization's executives receive as many as 500 emails per hour, which are easily managed through Mobile Suite's Intellisync Email Accelerator technology to monitor and push email across enterprise workgroups. Intellisync Mobile Suite works seamlessly with clustering and load balancing systems, and can even redirect information traffic to a newly activated device when users are completely disconnected or change devices."</i><br /><br />A couple things come to mind as I read this press release. First, if you're getting 500 emails an hour, you need to take a step back and re-evaluate things. You can't possibly read each one of those emails and still get work done. Seems to me that they need to improve their skills on delegating work and learning to let go. Secondly, I know they say employees, but all I can see is Big Bird and Elmo sitting at Mr Hooper's shop texting away on their mobile devices, while Oscar sets up a flash mob from his trash can. :lol:

mcsouth
11-04-2004, 01:26 AM
[i]..... I know they say employees, but all I can see is Big Bird and Elmo sitting at Mr Hooper's shop texting away on their mobile devices, while Oscar sets up a flash mob from his trash can. :lol:

LOL :rotfl:

...wonder what kind of devices Big Bird would use? I would guess something simple, like a Nokia with a smiley-face replacement cover. But I can sure see someone like Baby Bear with a Bluetooth headset and C500!

allenalb
11-04-2004, 04:51 PM
500 emails an hours is not all that unrealistic. i work in a call center, and we get quite a few at times, because all of the various techs have to submit trending forms, as well as our outside VARs and installers. we don't actually read the emails, they are automatically polled for data to check for outages on particular gateways and such.

although i don't see how our situation could really relate to cookie monster :)

Mike Temporale
11-04-2004, 05:09 PM
500 emails an hours is not all that unrealistic. i work in a call center, and we get quite a few at times, because all of the various techs have to submit trending forms, as well as our outside VARs and installers. we don't actually read the emails, they are automatically polled for data to check for outages on particular gateways and such.

Sure, that makes total sense, and I can see applications like that handling even more than 500 emails an hour. But they state "some of our executives". They aren't getting emails from techs, customers, VAR's etc... Or maybe they are, which goes back to my original point, they need to learn how to delegate and hand off responsibility to others.