View Full Version : After the merger...

seven
10-25-2004, 11:26 PM
I just extended my contract with AT&T for a year so I could get the Audiovox SMT 5600.

Now that the merger has been approved I'm wondering what will happen when it goes through. Specifically I'm wondering if AT&T customers will have to get new SIM cards and if so, what will happen when the new Cingular SIM cards don't work because AT&T locks all their phones?

Or will they start making some sort of combo SIM cards that'll work in either AT&T or Cingular, or what?

Thanks,
Seven

Mike Temporale
10-26-2004, 12:49 AM
I would expect that all the changes will happen on the backend, with little interferance to customers. I wouldn't expect any sort of SIM swap. Just a guess. Has anyone here been through a merger, and care to comment?

mbranscum
10-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Has anyone heard if Cingular will sell the SMT5600???

seven
10-27-2004, 11:27 PM
I saw a link somewhere this morning to www.newcingular.com where you can get info on the merger. According to it you can keep your current plan or switch to a Cingular plan which "will require the purchase of a new GSM phone."

Also the date of Nov. 10 was mentioned several times as the target for when they plan to have their new rate plans and everything straightened out.