View Full Version : Any new CDMA smartphones on the horizon?

Macguy59
10-19-2004, 03:06 AM
I was seeing mention a new CDMA phone from HTC codenamed "Vivida" which is a candybar with slideout keyboard.

URL LINK (http://www.engadget.com/entry/7425534787608533/)

wch
11-05-2004, 03:07 PM
if its a new, update phone you want skip verizon. I tried to get a current smartphone w/ ppc 2003, all they have is the samsung i700, which (staying with verizon past) is already obsolete. pisses me off. but I have to stay with them due to their supperior coverage. I asked the rep about the new "Danger" (pretty cool phone by the way) he hadn't ever heard of it.

Their corp line is "we have to test it" but for 3 years? come on. catch up to technology. Their documentation on the i700 is not only incomplete but non-existant.

enough on my rantings.

Mike Temporale
11-05-2004, 03:20 PM
We reported recently that the Vivida was from Audiovox, but no carrier has picked it up yet. I think that was last week or so?

The Sidekick/Hiptop/Danger is GSM based, isn't it? So I don't think Verizon will be getting that phone. They do have the i600 available.

Jerry Raia
11-07-2004, 06:46 PM
if its a new, update phone you want skip verizon. I tried to get a current smartphone w/ ppc 2003, all they have is the samsung i700, which (staying with verizon past) is already obsolete. pisses me off. but I have to stay with them due to their supperior coverage. I asked the rep about the new "Danger" (pretty cool phone by the way) he hadn't ever heard of it.

Their corp line is "we have to test it" but for 3 years? come on. catch up to technology. Their documentation on the i700 is not only incomplete but non-existant.

enough on my rantings.

I can't speak to where you are located but I travel all over the US and Canada and carry Verizon and Cingular with me. The only times the coverage was different was when Cingular worked and Verizon didn't. With the ATT merger I doubt Verizon will have the monopoly on coverage anymore.