View Full Version : Battery low tone

wombat90
04-22-2004, 09:11 AM
how do I turn off that low battery tone? Battery isnt even a third to the end and it starts beeping constantly.

HELP!

Santa Fe
04-22-2004, 03:51 PM
As far as I know this cannot be turned off.

Kris Kumar
04-22-2004, 04:04 PM
My phone is fully charged, so cant test. And I always keep my phone on Silent or Meeting profile, where the System sounds are turned OFF.

So couple of things...

The easy one first..and hopefully will work. Basically we are turning off System sounds in the Profile.

1. If you are using Normal Profile Tap on the Power Switch, brings up Normal, Silent, Meeting etc. Highlight Normal, Select Edit from the Menu SoftKey.
2. Scroll to the bottom and there should be System Sounds. Change that to OFF.

Not sure what all other stuff it will turn off because of this, but Reminder, alarms, email, sms alerts etc should not be affected.

--------

Now if the above does not work, you may have to get into the Registry and Play around. I wish my battery was low, so that I can try things out.

WARNING: If you are not comfortable with Registry edits on PC, chances are you want to stay away from the phone registry too.

1. Get PHM Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\LowBattery
3. Select Values from the SoftKey.
4. On my phone I see Category and Sound.
(NOTE: the value for Category is System, that is why I asked you to Turn OFF System Sounds in the Normal profile).
5. Sound has the WAV file. Blank that out and see what happens.
6. If you are the adventurous type, try looking at other Keys
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Keypress or SMS or Reminder.