View Full Version : Bug in eWallet from Ilium Software?

ferranti
01-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Im having a real hard time with eWallet from Ilium Software.

I did the free 30 day trial, and decided to upgrade to the Professional version. Seemed like a good idea anyway. I tried to uninstall the trial version, which failed.

Now I have a $30 cab file that I cant do much of anything with because I cant install over the trial version (which doesnt work).

Anyone have an idea on what i can do? Has anyone run into the same problem with Ilium?

Thanks,
Mike

Jason Dunn
01-23-2004, 10:46 PM
I personally haven't installed their eWallet onto my Smartphone, because I'm using a different wallet program (FlexWallet), but have you tried emailing their tech support?

Santa Fe
01-23-2004, 11:10 PM
My favorite software on my i-600 is e-wallet and it works very well with one exception. There is no sync cablility so you have to drag and drop the PC copy of the file into the smartphone with active-sync.

They are very responsive to e-mail questions (even responded to me while the person was on vacation!) and I feel sure that they can walk you through your issue. By the way did you un-install the old version using the settings/remove programs command on your phone? That seems to work better than deleting it in active-sync.

robinsonb
01-28-2004, 09:14 PM
E-wallet is also my favorite software. They let me transfer the license over from my PocketPC to the SmartPhone for only $10. I didn't have the trial version installed, but the full version has always worked fine. I agree about the sync complaint - but I guess that's an ActivSync problem since it can't sync any files like a PocketPC can.