View Full Version : No option to both ring and vibrate?

robinsonb
12-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Has anyone found a way to make the phone ring and vibrate at the same time? I had the option with my Sprint Sanyo phone. If I couldn't hear the ring, I could at least feel it vibrating (especially if I had the music very loud in my car).

encece
12-06-2003, 01:48 AM
Under profiles...edit your ring type to either "Ring and Vibrate" or "Vibrate then ring"

ARW
12-06-2003, 02:37 AM
The default setting for the Normal profile on my i600 is to vibrate and then ring. I didn't have to do anything to set it up this way.

ajglass
12-11-2003, 09:22 PM
I don't see where I have the option to set the profile or the ring tone tovibrate & ring. Perhaps the caller2picture software takes that option away.

Santa Fe
12-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Just to make sure go to Profile on the Homescreen, ok, menu (right soft key), edit, ok, select ring type, left or right arrow key to scroll to the selection desired.

ajglass
12-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Much thanks, it's somewhat buried lot some of the goodies.

My next project: Trying to get the delayed caller ID issue resolved.

MajesticNJ
12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
I don't own the i600 yet but can it be set to vibrate only?

Thanks.

Fred

Has anyone found a way to make the phone ring and vibrate at the same time? I had the option with my Sprint Sanyo phone. If I couldn't hear the ring, I could at least feel it vibrating (especially if I had the music very loud in my car).

Santa Fe
12-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Yes

MajesticNJ
12-21-2003, 11:53 PM
How about pushing one button to go into vibrate then again back to ring? This is usefull for when I am at work. We are not allowed to have phones ringing there.

I don't own the i600 yet but can it be set to vibrate only?

Thanks.

Fred

Skitals
12-22-2003, 12:05 AM
How about pushing one button to go into vibrate then again back to ring? This is usefull for when I am at work. We are not allowed to have phones ringing there.

There is a button on the side that brings up the phone options... you can switch between the silent and normal profile. You hit the side button, press your selection, and hit okay. It takes a second.

MajesticNJ
12-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Does Silent mode simply disable the ringer or does it make it vibrate only?

Thanks for all the help by the way.

Fred

There is a button on the side that brings up the phone options... you can switch between the silent and normal profile. You hit the side button, press your selection, and hit okay. It takes a second.

Skitals
12-22-2003, 03:41 AM
it makes it vibrate only and turns off sytem sounds (no beeps or anything when your using the phone for pim and such)

MajesticNJ
12-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Thanks again for all of your help. I just got my i600 and am still trying to get used to having a great phone with pda functions. Bye Bye Ipaq! :)

So far I like it but of course, it will be some time before I can easily work it to it's full advantage.

Have you any more hints that I should know of? I really like the voice recognition feature. It's pretty accurate. Haven't had it fail on me yet.

Fred

it makes it vibrate only and turns off sytem sounds (no beeps or anything when your using the phone for pim and such)

Santa Fe
12-22-2003, 04:15 PM
If your have not visited this site do so.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/support/smartphone/ossupport.aspx?region=americas&language=en&os=2002&keyname=samsung-i600&devicename=Samsung+i600&deviceid=75&mobop=Verizon%20Wireless&deviceregion=americas&cdma=yes&gsm=no

gocilla
05-17-2007, 10:33 AM
hey guys, i found that my i600 is vibrating for few seconds before the ringtone comes out..it can't vibrate and ring at the SAME time...even though i have chosen the "vibrate and ring" (not vibrate and then ring) option.... is your phone like this too?

Mike Temporale
05-17-2007, 01:45 PM
hey guys, i found that my i600 is vibrating for few seconds before the ringtone comes out..it can't vibrate and ring at the SAME time...even though i have chosen the "vibrate and ring" (not vibrate and then ring) option.... is your phone like this too?

Make sure your notifications. alerts, and ring type are all set the same. Chances are one of them is set to vibrate then ring.

BTW, this thread is 3.5 years old. Talk about "blast from the past" :D