View Full Version : To those of you that have gotten PocketTV to install on your i600

Macguy59
11-22-2003, 02:30 AM
where did it install to? The installation acted like it installed fine, but I can't find it anywhere on the phone :(

encece
11-22-2003, 03:34 AM
I personally installed it to my SD card. I think it installs directly to the StartMenu....I forget since I move it to a subfolder called Multimedia.

Macguy59
11-22-2003, 03:42 AM
I personally installed it to my SD card. I think it installs directly to the StartMenu....I forget since I move it to a subfolder called Multimedia.

Do you mean the "Program" menu?

encece
11-22-2003, 03:45 AM
Yes sorry...The Program Menu is actually the StartMenu under IPSM/Windows when you view the files with a file explorer program or explore via active sync.

Macguy59
11-22-2003, 04:31 AM
Yes sorry...The Program Menu is actually the StartMenu under IPSM/Windows when you view the files with a file explorer program or explore via active sync.

Either my phone is locked or I am doing something wrong. NONE of the apps I try are showing up on the phone. I even tried installing IA Album for smartphone (which is MS certified) and nothing shows up : ( Do I have to do something like a soft reset for them to show up? If I can't get anything to install this sucker is going back.

encece
11-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Sounds like a problem.
Games, when installed, usually install to the games folder under Programs. Everything else usually installs in the main list.

If you cant install anything...something may be wrong. Did you ever install anything opr have a problem installing something where it crashed during installation. If so, I would do a hard reset. If that doesnt fix your problem....you may want to consider returning it.

Macguy59
11-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Sounds like a problem.
Games, when installed, usually install to the games folder under Programs. Everything else usually installs in the main list.

If you cant install anything...something may be wrong. Did you ever install anything opr have a problem installing something where it crashed during installation. If so, I would do a hard reset. If that doesnt fix your problem....you may want to consider returning it.

I still have not been able to install apps via AS but I can install them by manually copying over the CAB file to the phone and executing it from there. Verizon is supposed to let me know tomorrow how they want to handle the problem.

The PocketTV Team
12-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Looks like you have a problem with your ActiveSync.

Try resetting your phone (power OFF then ON) before connecting it to the PC. Make sure the green ActiveSync icon is visible on the PC before running Setup files to install software on your device.