View Full Version : AUGH! - When is the stuff coming to the US?

possmann
08-30-2003, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know of any release dates for any of the US Carriers?
How about T-Mobile? Anyone have any scoop on what they are going to carry for a SP? I know that they were going to release the HTC Tanger (i think) then scrapped it for some technical issues... Any more news out there from anyone?

BTW - No fair that you UK and Eastern Rim folks get to play with all of this cool stuff first. We Americans really need to get our thumbs out of our butts so we cna get on the bleeding edge sometime soon! LOL!

Jason Dunn
09-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Soon...soon. :D

(I know how frustrating it is)

jowe11
09-28-2003, 01:38 AM
does that mean that we can't use the e100 on t-mobile in the us? I thought that if it was unlocked then we could just put in a sim and there you have it! Am I right or no? :?:

brntcrsp
09-28-2003, 02:12 AM
does that mean that we can't use the e100 on t-mobile in the us? I thought that if it was unlocked then we could just put in a sim and there you have it! Am I right or no? :?:

you're absolutely correct, but buying an unlocked from from some shady 3rd party dealer normally does not give you the service you need.

People who are actual retailers of the phone, like a carrier or Arne Hess and his i-Mate, provide support and updates, whereas you would get no such guarantee elsewhere.

Also the costs of purchasing from a 3rd party tend to be much higher than the subsidised prices of carriers.

choo_choo
10-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know of any release dates for any of the US Carriers?
How about T-Mobile? Anyone have any scoop on what they are going to carry for a SP? I know that they were going to release the HTC Tanger (i think) then scrapped it for some technical issues... Any more news out there from anyone?

BTW - No fair that you UK and Eastern Rim folks get to play with all of this cool stuff first. We Americans really need to get our thumbs out of our butts so we cna get on the bleeding edge sometime soon! LOL!

Well you can now get an AudioVox SMT5600 (same as c500 but with 850/1800/1900 MHz bands) for $199 from AT&T wireless.