View Full Version : 100 Mbps in 2010

Robert Levy
08-27-2003, 04:59 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/08/27/HN4gtelecom_1.html' target='_blank'>http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/08/27/HN4gtelecom_1.html</a><br /><br /></div>Man, these guys never quit. Monday we reported that DoCoMo plans to deploy a 14 Mbps 3G cellular data network in 2 years. Today IDC is reporting that DoCoMo is beginning research on the 4G network they intend to roll out "around 2010".<br /><br />"NTT DoCoMo Inc. will open a telecommunication research and development laboratory later this year in Beijing, the company said Tuesday. The lab will concentrate on research of so-called 4G (fourth-generation) wireless mobile systems. It will become DoCoMo's second lab to focus on such research after the company's main research and development laboratory at the Yokosuka Research Park near Tokyo. A new wholly owned subsidiary, DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Bejiing Co. Ltd., will be established and capitalized at $5.3 million to operate the center. At testing in its Yokosuka research labs, NTT DoCoMo has already achieved such a speed over a short range indoors and is now working on increasing the range and taking the system outdoors."

Wuss912
08-27-2003, 06:28 PM
hopefully ms smartphones will be out by then...
:roll:

ARW
08-27-2003, 09:21 PM

Someone else growing as cynical as I perhaps?

ShivShanks
08-29-2003, 08:16 AM

Someone else growing as cynical as I perhaps?

Yeah I'm also one of those. However instead of waiting all my life for the smartphone I've abandonded it and run back into the comforting arms of the Palm platform. I bought the Samsung SPH-i500 (SprintPCS) instead. Ahh .. Bliss! The phone is a joy esp. with the blazer browser and Sprint's 1xRTT service. Plus tons of Palm apps and no signed applications to worry about. Okay it doesn't have multimedia but I don't care about that. For my needs it is the sweetest thing. Plus I have it NOW! Eat your heart out all those waiting for a MS SmartPhone :twisted: