View Full Version : What? No file sync through ActiveSync?

pdantic
08-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Don't know why I never noticed it before, but last night it hit me that there's no way to sync files through ActiveSync on Smartphones. What caused me to noticed was installing Ilium Software's eWallet (an indispensable piece of software for me) on my Smartphone, then trying to see if I could get it to sync with my PC. Nope... You have to physically move the file to the Smartphone through ActiveSync or beam it from a Pocket PC.

Is this a limitation of Smartphone 2002? Will it be rectified in future releases?

ppcsurfr
08-04-2003, 03:00 PM
Hmmm... Now shouldn't they come up with a counduit to do that though...

I know Developer One's CodeWallet Pro has a conduit for the Smartphone.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

mcsouth
08-06-2003, 02:14 PM
I've noticed the same thing with my Smartphone (only had it a few days), and for that matter, I can't seem to find where it syncs the "My Documents" folder on the phone.

With my PPC, I have a folder on my PC named for my user name, and it contains all of the folders and files from My Documents folder on the PPC. I can't seem to find the equivalent for my smartphone.

So far, I've been stuck doing the same thing you mention - manually copying the files over using AS Explorer.

Incidently, I've also noticed that the Ilium eWallet and ListPro smartphone apps do NOT seem to be storage card aware - I initially dropped the files onto th estorage card to save precious internal memory, but I could not seem to get to those files from the apps. I finally had to move the files over to the internal memory My Documents folder in order for eWallet and ListPro to see those files.

I must admit, that for my first few days experience with this platform, as much as I like the concept, the execution sure seems to be lacking in substance.........

Not syncing the My documents folder would be a huge deal breaker for me - I have to believe that I'm missing something, since I can't believe something this obvious would have been overlooked by MS........