View Full Version : Mobile Site Enhancements: Button Navigation

Jason Dunn
07-31-2003, 09:52 PM
If you're one of the lucky few people hitting this site with a Smartphone, here's a cool feature we've added: you can press numbers on your keypad to jump to stories on the front page. For instance, if you want to view the third story on the page, press the number three on your phone. Pressing the zero key takes you back to the top of the mobile site. I should note that if you're a subscriber and browsing SPT on your Smartphone, there's something a little fishy about the ClearType - certain letters like "y" look horrible. I don't know if it's a SPV-specific issue or not, but I'll look into it further.

And if you didn't know we had a Smartphone-optimized site, well shucks, point Pocket Internet Explorer at www.smartphonethoughts.com and watch what happens! :D Our mobile site still isn't quite finished, but it's workable. Just ignore the Pocket PC Thoughts colours for now. :wink:

aussie
08-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Jason, I can't seem to get the new feature to work on my Red-e. I browse the SPT site many times a day looking for new stories and this feature would be great.

encece
08-01-2003, 01:43 PM
:?: Will the forums by Mobil-ized one day?

Robert Levy
08-01-2003, 06:45 PM
:?: Will the forums by Mobil-ized one day?

Yes - it will be a subscriber feature just like on PPCT