View Full Version : Well, I Guess We've Launched!

Jason Dunn
07-08-2003, 07:08 AM
I had my time zone settings wrong (you can set them by clicking on Preferences), so this most recent post wasn't supposed to go live until tomorrow AM. Oh well.Smartphone Thoughts has launched! Cry havoc and let stlip the dogs of war! :twisted:Now I just need to tell the rest of my team how to post. :wink:

Cyberjoy
07-08-2003, 07:43 AM
Congratulations Jason!

It looks great. We ( www.pocketpc-club.nl , the dutch Pocket PC website :)) are now working on www.smartphone-club.nl (it's almost finnished, just wrapping up the code!). I hope we can support each other in our efforts to make the smartphones more popular (= more users on our website, bigger communitys, better support, etc.)!

Wouter.

fatboy_au
07-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Wishing you and your Team the best of luck! 8O nice site!

Arne Hess
07-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Good luck and all the best! :D :bday:

Janak Parekh
07-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Now I just need to tell the rest of my team how to post. :wink:
If you don't have time, I can tell them... for a fee. ;)

--janak

Fitch
07-08-2003, 07:15 PM
(in a Burns voice) eeeexcellent.

This reminds me of summer 2000 when I decided to get a Pocket PC. I hounded news sites about all the juicy, nerdy details (I think pdabuzz was the site of choice at the time), waited and waited until the perfect device (iPaq 3600) came out and then had 4 orders in at once, until one finally shipped.

Now the wait is on for the perfect Smartphone-- and November, when the US carriers all are required to let us keep our phone numbers from one carrier to another.

I love the site, the layout and the color scheme, too, especially compared to PPCThoughts. Excellent contrast.

I noticed that the 'favicon.ico' file has been erased from pocketpcthoughts.com. Was that on purpose? I use Mozilla and "tabs" and that cool blue PPC icon tells me what site I'm looking at in which tab. And will somone be making a similar Smartphone icon (with an orange screen, of course)

Good luck on the site!

JonnoB
07-08-2003, 07:36 PM
I noticed that the 'favicon.ico' file has been erased from pocketpcthoughts.com. Was that on purpose? I use Mozilla and "tabs" and that cool blue PPC icon tells me what site I'm looking at in which tab. And will somone be making a similar Smartphone icon (with an orange screen, of course)

In IE, I keep PPCThoughts on my links toolbar which also, like the favorites or a desktop shortcut will keep the icon too. Right now, the SmartPhone link is an ugly IE icon.

Janak Parekh
07-08-2003, 08:11 PM
In IE, I keep PPCThoughts on my links toolbar which also, like the favorites or a desktop shortcut will keep the icon too. Right now, the SmartPhone link is an ugly IE icon.
Hmm, I'll check this out in my spare time. I know I haven't ever gotten the favicon in Moz, but I think it needs to be specified in the stylesheet (as opposed to IE, which just needs the file there).

--janak

Fitch
07-08-2003, 09:22 PM
I'll check this out in my spare time. I know I haven't ever gotten the favicon in Moz, but I think it needs to be specified in the stylesheet (as opposed to IE, which just needs the file there).

Really, my whole office uses Netscape 7.0, and it is enabled by default (7.1 does too) but the Mozilla team hates it, so it's disabled in Moz by default unless there's code on the page. Point being: there's no code needed, it just looks in the default location like IE. It's just setting that you set in about:config called "browser.chrome.favicons"

Janak Parekh
07-08-2003, 10:09 PM
Really, my whole office uses Netscape 7.0, and it is enabled by default (7.1 does too) but the Mozilla team hates it, so it's disabled in Moz by default unless there's code on the page. Point being: there's no code needed, it just looks in the default location like IE. It's just setting that you set in about:config called "browser.chrome.favicons"
Thanks for the tip. Still, it's probably better to eventually put into the CSS.

--janak

Wuss912
07-08-2003, 10:38 PM
So how do i change the color scheme?

Janak Parekh
07-09-2003, 01:21 AM
You don't. :) It's not too bright once you get used to it.

--janak

Wuss912
07-09-2003, 01:25 AM
You don't. :) It's not too bright once you get used to it.

--janak
i don't know about that i'm still going into seazures every time i visit the page...

(can you guys please give us the option to have a less loud scheme?)

JonnoB
07-09-2003, 01:57 AM

Don't be such a wuss... sorry.

I like the bright colors... perhaps a change of color scheme can be a feature for 'subscribers'

Wuss912
07-09-2003, 02:18 AM

Don't be such a wuss... sorry.

I like the bright colors... perhaps a change of color scheme can be a feature for 'subscribers'
just as long as your not being a dick 8O
i think it would be a good feature cause ... ouch the colors burm my eyes

Fabrizio Fiandanese
07-10-2003, 01:10 PM

PPCT favicon is back and I've just uploaded SPT new one :-)