View Full Version : EQ Glitch (ALL ZUNES???)

Steve-O
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
There is a serious EQ problem that no one has found for some reason and I have never seen a post before about this trouble. The problem is on ALL Zunes and has been verified on every Zune I have checked so far.

Try this to see if you can replicate the issue:

Play your favorite 80's tune (they tend not to have good bass response), set the EQ to (acoustic), for example. The bass is now boosted.

Press pause, and let the Zune shut down to a blank screen. After a few minutes, (like pausing your Zune to run into a store), press play again to continue the tune.

At this point, the EQ is not playing like it was when you first set it. If you go back and check the setting, it will show that the (acoustic) EQ setting is selected, but it is not actually performing the EQ, your bass should sound flat.

If you scroll through the EQ settings until you land back on (acoustic), it will have the same bass response that it had when you first set it initially and you should hear the difference right away.

I'll bet everyone can replicate this problem.

In stead of Microsoft trying to fix the "random" problem for which I and everyone one else was unaware of, fixing the EQ pause issue would be a problem worth fixing, in my opinion.

Let me know how it works for you!

Stephen

Jason Dunn
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Hrm...that's very bad if true - let me try it and I'll post back...

veggeep
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Dewed. I thought I already bestowed upon you the horrible (some might say "dirty dirty dirty") news that this is an aknowledged issue, and the typically dismissive, non-answer Microsoft has published regarding it's eventual resolution:

KnowledgeBase article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933890/en-us

Basically, "That is a problem, and we're working on it."

Steve-O
07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
You DID mention that before. I forgot, thanks for posting.

I also figured out that when my Zune is in the docking station, this trouble with the EQ doesn't happen.