View Full Version : 15 days USA trip with iphone ....

viperjet
09-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I will be taking a trip to USA Houston, Texas in mid Oct for about 15days and I required a 3G data plan for my iphone. (Unlocked – can accept all SIM card)

I need 3G for skype,MSN,Emailing,twitter etc ....

What is the most preferred prepaid Card/Plan I should take?

Without voice/sms is OK.

Please advice.

Thanks <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Sven Johannsen
09-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Sure hope someone helps you here. In my brief research, we in the good ol' US of A are in the dark ages when it comes to pre-paid service, with a data plan. We can get you wonderous options if you are looking for voice and text, but data? Pre-paid? Bit harder to come by. Keep in mind we basically have two carriers that support GSM phones, AT&T, and T-Mobile. Verizon, Sprint and many of the regional or low cost carriers don't use SIM cards. Just recently WalMart announced their own phone service, to run on T-Mobile's network. They haven't announced any data plans that I am aware of, and it is reported that their SIMs are somehow locked to their phones.

I wish you luck. BTW, are you going to stay around Houston, mostly? That may be a benefit, as many of the low cost carriers, or regional ones have better support in big cities, and Houston certainly qualifies as that, even back in the early 70's when I lived there.

Do you have the option of just using WiFi? We are just lousy with free WiFi.

I take back that thing about WalMart data.

Wal-Mart launches low-cost wireless plan; data still pricey - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20100914/tc_digitaltrends/walmartlauncheslowcostwirelessplandataistoopricey_1)

Still am not sure about sticking a WalMart Family plan SIM in another phone though.