Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Reactions to Windows Phone 7 Surprisingly Positive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWWBGbi7K9g

"Walking around the packed gdgt live event in Seattle last night, we were surprised at the large crowd pushing into Microsoft's booth -- until we realized that the company was demonstrating Windows Phone 7, giving people a glimpse of something they won't see in stores for a few months."

Everyone reading this site has doubtless formed opinions about Windows Phone 7, but it's really interesting to me to watch this video and see how other people perceive it - especially iPhone and Android users. Check it out - it's quite interesting to see how people react to Windows Phone 7...

Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 PM
randalllewis
Thinker

Why does this surprise you? It doesn't surprise me. The WP7 UI is so new and different- and appealing to most people- that it alone will attract potential customers. If cut and paste (or fill in your favorite missing feature) is as important to them as it is to some regulars here, then they won't buy it, but if it isn't they will.

Also, people who read tech blogs see and/or particpate in an inordinate amount of Microsoft bashing, but the company enjoys a positive reputation and credibility in the real world. As a result, people are interested when Microsoft puts out a new product.

I noticed a reaction similar to the one in the gdgt video. Engadget's weekly video last week included some discussion of the new Blackberry and WP7. The studio audience was very indifferent to the Blackberry but got excited when the discussion turned to WP7.

None of this means the phone will be a big seller, but I am not at all surprised that people are curious and positive about WP7 at this point.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Fritzly
Sage

Last time I was in Los Angeles there was a Ferrari dealer charging people to get in and look at the cars............ and a long line outside..................
Guess how many of those people bought one? Curiosity has a big leverage in the human being but opening the wallet is a different story.
Do not get me wrong: as a MS shareholder I would be delighted to see people flock to buy the new phone; REGRETTABLY, in spite of all the push, I am afraid it will not get long term traction.............. (-:

Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by randalllewis View Post
Why does this surprise you? It doesn't surprise me. The WP7 UI is so new and different- and appealing to most people- that it alone will attract potential customers.
I read over my post and I don't see the word surprise anywhere. I've heard so many people here and elsewhere complain about the Windows Phone 7 UI that it was simply refreshing to see some different opinions about it.