Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 08-10-2010, 05:00 AM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default Windows Phone 7 Keyboard One of the Best

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2010/08/...nput-at-launch/

CNET Asia has posted a video focused on the keyboard in Windows Phone 7 and has come away incredible impressed. The editor found the keyboard to be "very fast and responsive". The keyboard will support multiple languages (English, French, Italian, German and Spanish) at launch, but will lack Asian languages (Chinese, Japanese and Korean). These will be added at an unspecified time after launch. Overall the keyboard is said to be second only to the Apple iOS keyboard. What could be holding it back from being considered the best keyboard out there?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 AM
benjimen
Intellectual

A useable keyboard after the gazillionth OS update, and it's considered 'news'. I think that alone speaks volumes about the state of Microsoft's performance in the mobility market

Last edited by benjimen; 08-10-2010 at 09:35 AM..

Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
BBF
Pupil

What's most disappointing is that is not as good as the iOS4 soft keyboard.

It may be good, but it's not as good as the entrenched leader that they're trying to displace... that's not good news...

Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
ebadger
Ponderer
Default Don't judge the keyboard until you've tried it for yourself

One big thing the apple keyboard has going for it is the apple logo.
Try living with the device for a month and then see what you think of the keyboard

Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebadger View Post
One big thing the apple keyboard has going for it is the apple logo.
Try living with the device for a month and then see what you think of the keyboard
While I do not use a iPhone anymore I have to admit that its keyboard is the best I have ever used. I do not know if it was the software, the hardware or a combination of both but, in comparison, the HD2 keyboard is way less accurate.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBF View Post
What's most disappointing is that is not as good as the iOS4 soft keyboard. It may be good, but it's not as good as the entrenched leader that they're trying to displace... that's not good news...
But why would you expect any reviewer to proclaim it's as good as the iPhone keyboard when it's beta software on prototype hardware? No one is going to go on record about anything of any real substance with Windows Phone 7 until it's actually SHIPPING and REAL.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
While I do not use a iPhone anymore I have to admit that its keyboard is the best I have ever used. I do not know if it was the software, the hardware or a combination of both but, in comparison, the HD2 keyboard is way less accurate.
100% agreed. The keyboard on my iPod Touch is shockingly good; the keyboard on the HD2 is the best Windows Mobile keyboard I've ever seen...and it still sucks. The Windows Phone 7 keyboard looks like it's going to be a much-needed solution for devices without hardware keyboards.