Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Windows Phone 7 By LG Launches In September

http://www.tech-exclusive.com/2010/...e-in-september/

"LG Electronics, one of the official Windows Phone 7 device manufacturers, have officially confirmed that they are going to launch a Windows Phone 7 based mobile phone in September 2010."

Well, there you have it. No word on the carrier yet, but we've seen evidence that AT&T is ready to launch a WP7 device in September. LG's announcement seems to add credence to that date, and it might just be launching on AT&T's network.

If the month is valid, I still find it strange that less than 60 days away, no official launch date has come from Microsoft.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Something doesn't seem quite right about that...

Old 08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Something doesn't seem quite right about that...
Yeah, but that is what PC World has quoted. Maybe they are shipping to carriers in Sept for a Oct/Nov launch. Dunno. MS has been really wierd about not disclosing a launch date for WP7. Maybe there is no one launch date. Maybe each carrier will do their own thing. Who knows. Has been a very strange summer as far as WP7 and dates go.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
Yeah, but that is what PC World has quoted. Maybe they are shipping to carriers in Sept for a Oct/Nov launch. Dunno. MS has been really wierd about not disclosing a launch date for WP7. Maybe there is no one launch date. Maybe each carrier will do their own thing. Who knows. Has been a very strange summer as far as WP7 and dates go.
Maybe they will launch it in other Countries other than US where they do not have to wait for Carriers....

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 AM
frankenbike
Intellectual

I sure hope if they're one of the first out of the gate, that it's more reliable than my wife's LG Env Touch. If WP7 is great, but the hardware is crap like the Env Touch, it doesn't do the WP7 brand much good.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenbike View Post
I sure hope if they're one of the first out of the gate, that it's more reliable than my wife's LG Env Touch. If WP7 is great, but the hardware is crap like the Env Touch, it doesn't do the WP7 brand much good.
Well, the hardware won't be crap from a performance perspective - the minimum spec is quite impressive. However, we all know that build quality and durability matters a great deal, and who knows how each OEM will approach that. LG doesn't have the most impressive build quality out there, so hopefully they'll up their game...